• Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
      • 16gb Corsair DDR4-2400mhz
      • MSI GTX 960
      • 500W be Qu!et PSU
      • Windows 10 pro

I only changed the following settings in my BIOS:

• Q-Fan setup to adjust my fan speed / profile
      • XMP profile 2400mhz

Now from what i've read, using 2400mhz memory anready overclocks the CPU, even though i did not change anything else and the CPU runs at 4ghz.

When i'm using the "auto" setting for the CPU clock and vcore and my CPU runs at 4ghz default, I somethimes get up to 70°C and a little more. I know this temperature is not incredibly high but since my room gets hot in the summer a lower temp is always desired. Also i've read that the CPU can be held below 60°C in the 53° range. In addition HWMonitor shows me, that the VID goes up to more than 1.4X volt, which seems very high.

Now my question:

I'd like to set the vcore from auto to manual to achieve lower temperatures (Also I adjusted the LLC level to 4 (1-7).). I've already set it to 1.26V and while running the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility I then get a CPU temp in the 55-60°C range with a max VID of ~1.36V, which is very good. What i'd like to know are 2 things:

• If the system runs stable, using a low vcore doesnt harm anything, right?
      • I'm perfectly fine with keeping the cvore at 1.26. Still i'd like to know: how do I find out the "perfect" vcore? Do I just go lower in 0.01 steps and run the stress test again?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards