Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Bluetooth Crackling and disconnecting if further than 1 feet away from PC after Windows 10 reinstall

Spaul9
Beginner

laptop has Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Bluetooth adapter.

background

When my laptop was upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1, my Bluetooth headset was working perfectly fine. I could walk around the house and connection was perfect, everything was fine. So it was working really nice for some time on windows 10...

But I had to reinstall windows, from scratch. And after that - all the problems started.

I have used Intel Driver Update Utility and updated to the latest drivers on the Wireless, VGA and Bluetooth. Installed correct chipset drivers. Everything runs smooth.

PROBLEM

Although WIFI is perfectly fine, my BT is unsuable. it is really, impossible to use it. The same headset which I used a week ago, now - is useless.

I have to be like 1 feet from laptop for it to work, otherwise it shutters, lags and disconnect, so basically is unusable.

if I am close to laptop (1 feet or so), then I can hear the sound, everything is OK. it works.. but if I am a bit further (like further than a hand's length, or more) - sound disappears - cracks, stops, reappears, lags, until BT headset disconnects.

If I cover the headphone which has the BT module with my palm - sound disappears - stops. sounds is lagging like 1 sec... Same symptoms as above.

So, is my palm is enough to block BT signal??

Before asked: the same headset works perfectly fine with my phone, and another PC at home. I can walk all over around the home, go to different room and still hear my music...

Any way to solve the problem? is it driver or settings issue?

thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello yssz,

As we understand, your system is having Bluetooth* connectivity issues after reinstalling the OS. Checking your description of the issue, there may be a driver issue, or a setting that was different previously. Here are some things you can check about this.

- Take into consideration that the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer Support is the best source to obtain drivers and support, since the wireless adapter and drivers may be customized to work well in your PC. There are also In-box drivers provided by Microsoft with Windows*, and you may also have Intel's generic drivers.

You may obtain Bluetooth and WiFi generic drivers for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Windows® 10 at the following locations:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25840/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-10?product=75439 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows® 10

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25833/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=75439 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10

- Go to the Power options of you laptop, in the Advanced Settings for your Power Plan, then make sure that the Wireless Adapter is set to work at "Maximum Performance" when plugged in and on battery.

JB

idata
Employee

Hell yssz,

We did not receive a response to our previous message. Feel free to let us know in case you need additional assistance about this.
0 Kudos