10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2016 2:18 PM by Intel Corporation

Create hotspot for receiving stk2m3w64cc

Rebecca12

I have the M3 stk2m3w64cc, I use ShareIt to send and recieve files from PC to phone and vise-versa, the problem is when I want to send files to this compute stick it doesn't create a hotspot connection, it says "this device only supports LAN mode", anybody please let me know why Wireless-AC 8260 doesn't support creating hotspot connections?, because I used the Wireless-N 7260 on my laptop and it creates hotspots but this compute stick doesn't, so please someone from intel clarify this matter for me.

• 1. Re: Create hotspot for receiving stk2m3w64cc
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello, Rebecca12:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

I found this app very useful so I went ahead and used it with the Intel® Compute Stick STK1AW32SC that we have in here and my smartphone.

What I did:

1. Downloaded software in both ends.
          2. Set the app in the smartphone, added an user name and profile picture
          3. Went to "Connect to a PC" in the app
          4. Used the QR code and password as well
          5. All done while connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.

I was able to send and receive files with my smartphone and Intel® Compute Stick STK1AW32SC.

The Wireless driver used was 18.33.0.1

Note: The wireless adapter in both units is different, I did check that, but this adapters are very similar, it shouldn't behave differently.

So let's test this with the driver below and with the steps performed above.

This driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25650/Wireless-Intel-Wireless-Technology-Based-Driver-for-Intel-Compute-Stick-STK2M3W64CC?product=91980

If the connection type that you are setting is another, please let me know, and it would be good to have the steps followed and how it is not working, if applicable.

I look forward to hearing from you and the outcome with this.

Regards,
          Esteban C

• 2. Re: Create hotspot for receiving stk2m3w64cc
            Intel Corporation

Hey, Rebecca12:

I would like to check if you were able to get your Intel® Compute Stick set up as desired.

Hope can hear from you :)

Regards,
            Esteban C

• 3. Re: Create hotspot for receiving stk2m3w64cc
              Rebecca12

thank you for helping me out but my original problem is not solved, I don't want to connect to the same wifi, like I said, on my laptop I use Shareit to send and receive, and on this stick if I want to receive it says "this device only supports LAN mode", yet on my laptop it doesn't say that, but anyway, thank you for helping me.

• 4. Re: Create hotspot for receiving stk2m3w64cc
                Intel Corporation

Hello, Rebecca12:

I am more than welcome! I was trying to get it connected, while using the send option and connect to a PC with a hotspot connection and I was not able to achive this.

A recommendation from the tool on my phone said, this works better with PC version 4.0 but the latest download from the website is 3.5

I believe it would be good to check with the tool's support page in order to find further troubleshooting to be performed.

Maybe there are some specific settings that we are missing from one of the ends (phone / Stick).

http://shareit.lenovo.com/

Apparently support can be requested via social media, accounts available in the link above.

If possible, please let me know how it goes :)

Thank you,
                Esteban C

• 5. Re: Create hotspot for receiving stk2m3w64cc
                  Intel Corporation

Hi, Rebecca12:

Would like to check how did it go with the software's support?

Hope I can hear from you.

Regards,
                  Esteban C

• 6. Re: Create hotspot for receiving stk2m3w64cc
                    Intel Corporation

Hi:

I was wondering if you were able to get his configured as desired.

Please let me know :)

Regards,
                    Esteban C

• 7. Re: Create hotspot for receiving stk2m3w64cc
                      Rebecca12

no, my problem is not fixed, like I said, when I send to another device using SHAREit, it doesn't need to be connected to the same wifi but when I want to receive it says I have to be connected to the same wifi, in my laptop that doesn't happen, just this stick.

• 8. Re: Create hotspot for receiving stk2m3w64cc
                        Intel Corporation

Hello, Rebecca12:

I understand, since it wasn't fixed, I tried to get the results or behavior you are facing with one of our Intel® Compute Stick STK2m3W64CC

I tried to get the cleanest Windows 10* to get this so I performed a "refresh" with the recovery options (F8 at post)

This was to get a clean Windows 10* installation.

After doing this, I installed drivers and then tested the behavior of the stick with the app. Turns out I was not able to face the issues you are calling out.

At this point, since troubleshooting has been performed and I was not able to get the same scenario as yours, My recommendation is to replace the unit, this could be an issue with the built-in wireless adapter of the stick.

I added the notes taken while trying to get this issue in my system, this is for you to check drivers and the steps followed, they may assist you with a step you are following differently or so.

shareitlab.png

This is the WiFi network while using the app

IMG_20160824_120348.jpg

Regards,
                        Esteban C

• 9. Re: Create hotspot for receiving stk2m3w64cc
                          Rebecca12

ok I installed SHAREit 4.0 and receiving without wifi worked!!!, I'm so happy, the reason I was using an older version of SHAREit is because 2.5 was simpler so I was refusing to update to 4.0, now that I realize they made it user friendly with 4.0 I'm excited to use it, thank you so much Esteban.

• 10. Re: Create hotspot for receiving stk2m3w64cc
                            Intel Corporation

Hi, Rebecca12:

It is great to hear you were able to get this working properly with the updated app!!

It it a very useful solution and I would like to thank you for letting me know about it.

If any further inquiries come to mind, feel free to contact the Intel Communities back.

Regards,
                            Esteban C