Which image are you using? In order to verify this you can enter the command cat /etc/version. The reason why I'm asking you this is because the images 3.0 and up have issues with SPP. If you the output is 201603141535 or 201606061707, then I'd suggest you to back to the 2.1 image (which can be found in http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25384/eng/edison-iotdk-image-280915.zip ).
The issue with SPP has already been reported and we are currently working on finding a solution, nevertheless there's no ETA of when it'll be available.
Let us know if you are able to test the guide on image 2.1 or if the issue persists. If you still have issues we would be more than glad to help you.
I am using image 2.1. I think the SPP works well. The error message occurs when I am trying to setup for Edison Bluetooth Service at boot time of system as descirbed in thread https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/05/19/communicate-to-arduino-code-with-your-android-phone-by-bluetooth-serial-port Sometime, this Edison Bluetooth Service doesn't work and It always shows this error message when rebooting the system.
Thanks for your consideration
This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
I understand, could you please share with us the output of the command "configure_edison --version"? I would like to verify which version of 2.1 you have (there are three).
Besides that, I would like to see the output of "systemctl status bluetooth-spp-pin.service" and if you are able to execute the bluetooth-spp-pin.sh script manually? I noticed a minor issue that could be affecting the service, in the file “bluetooth-spp-pin.sh”, you should add the line “sleep 1” after the line “/usr/sbin/rfkill unblock Bluetooth”. If this line is missing, then the command doesn’t have enough time to execute and the next command will throw an error. This can be avoided with the sleep line, nevertheless this might not be the main cause of the issue.
I did a quick test on my Edison (image 3.5 for this test, but remember it is not recommended because of the SPP issues, the test was just for the service, not the BT part) and I was not able to replicate the issue. Try the modification I mentioned earlier and let me know if it helps you. Also, a screenshot of the issue might help. Sometimes issues like this one can be fixed by flashing the board, so I suggest you to give it a try and let us know if it works.
Let me know how the tests go, I'll be glad to help in any way I can.