Yes, be more explicit.
I am sorry to hear that you are having issues booting to Windows at this moment.
I would like to check some information in order to further assist you.
1. Test the system without RAM, you should receive 3 blinks in the power button, no video will be present.
2. Test your RAM modules separately on each DIMM slot.
3. Are you able to access the BIOS? If not, please perform a BIOS recovery by following the instructions here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005547.html
4. Also check that all the connections are properly set. (HDMI, power adapter, RAM, SSD, etc.
5. Test the system without any additional components, if it works, add one component at a time in order to check if one of them is the problem.
6. Test a different power adapter if doable
7. Test the system with a different HDMI or DP cable.
8. Please provide me with the model number of the RAM used, a picture of the white sticker in it would be good as well.
I look forward to hearing from you.