• skull canyon nuc6i7kyk
      • razer core w nvidia 980ti
      • 4k samsung monitor - u28d590d

Dual booting windows 10 and fedora 24

Connections:

• HDMI from the nuc on boot, and in fedora
      • DisplayPort via Razer Core in w10

Issue:

Auto source detecting + switching on my monitor doesnt seem to be working.

Observation/Details:

It seems that when output is switched (rebooting and switching os, or connecting/disconnecting the razer core) the original output is sent a "sleep" signal, instead of being disconnected, causing the monitor to go into standby, instead of switching inputs.

Each time this happens, I have to power on my monitor again, and then manually select the other input, this is especially annoying when windows boots up on hdmi, and then switches to the core+displayport after a few seconds..

any ideas?

• 1. Re: nuc6i7kyk + razer core monitor input auto detect/switching doesn't work
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello Nigel,

In regard to your inquiry about the Intel NUC6I7KYK NUC and the problem with auto source detecting and switching with your monitor, I just wanted to let you know that the NUC was actually design to work with Windows(R), it was tested that way by Intel, some customers are able to install different operating systems, but we cannot guaranty that the PC will work fine for sure.

Also, I need to let you know, that the configuration of dual boot is not supported, on this department we can always help you with a normal boot configuration for one operating system, and that was the way that the NUC was tested as well.

Due to the above reasons, what I recommend to do in order to find out if the NUC is working fine; will be, to test it with just windows, without the dual booting.

Besides that, some adapters or converters like the one you have are not fully compatible with the NUC, so if you could please test the NUC using straight cables for the HDMI port and for the mini display port, this is to verify that the NUC is working fine at stock configuration, and also to make sure that the ports are working as well.

Alberto

• 2. Re: nuc6i7kyk + razer core monitor input auto detect/switching doesn't work
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello Nigel:

I was reviewing your thread related to the problem of auto detect/switching monitors for you Intel ® NUC6I7KYK NUC.

I just wanted to confirm if the information I submitted was useful for you, and also to verify if the NUC works fine without the dual boot and using just Windows®.

Please let me know the resolution of doing that.

Alberto