Even though Intel is the manufacturer of the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235, it is not meant to be installed by end-users. As you already know, we do not support Integration. You may check this online advisory for further information: Regulatory Infromation Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgarde
Before we go any further we would like to explain in which situation the Code 10 error occurs:
1. Device Manager can't start the device.
2. One of the drivers that the device needs does not start.
3. Device Manager has insufficient information to recognize the error that is bubbled up by the device driver.
*Note: In this situation, the Code 10 error can be a very generic message that indicates some kind of unspecified driver or device problem. and this may occur due to system incompatibilty and this why ASUS* is the most indicated to inform you the list of Intel® Wireless adapter the is fully compatible with the type of system you have as they are the system manufacturer.
On our best effort to help you, down below, are some tips on what can be done that might help you resolve this issue. Here is a link to our generic drivers: Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 Drivers, it is highly recommended to use the computer manufacturer drivers first. If you decide to use the one found in the Intel Support Page, bear in mind they are generic and please make sure to install the ones that are accoring to your OS version and architecture (32 or 64 bit).
*A clean installation may be needed for both Windows®10 and Windows*8.1
1. Do a clean uninstall of the drivers: Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
2. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on theIntel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
3. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
4. Install the Intel® Wireless driver according to the version of the OS you are installing. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
*This is as far as we can go since this is an integration.
Thanks for your answer e instructions, but I had already tried what you described, unsuccessful too.
I decided to reinstall the original AR5B125 and to give up the Intel Centrino 6235. I'm looking for an Atheros AR5B125 with bluetooth 4.0, because I've discovered that there.
Thank you again,
Thank you for replying. We understand you are reinstalling the original adapter.
Is there anything else you need from us regarding the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235?
Please let us know as soon as possible.
We are more than glad to reply your questions and kill any doubts.
This adapter supports Intel® WiDi as you can confirm it here: Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 - Specifications - Now, with this adapter, one of the following processor can be used.
2nd generation Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 Mobile Processor (not supported with Windows® 10)
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 Mobile and Desktop Processor (not supported with Windows 10)
4th Generation Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 Mobile and Desktop Processor
5th Generation Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 Mobile and Desktop Processor
One of the following graphics solutions is required:Intel® Iris™ Graphics 550
Intel® Iris™ Graphics 540
Intel® HD Graphics 550
Intel® HD Graphics 540
Intel® HD Graphics 530
Intel® HD Graphics 520
Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200
Intel® Iris™ Graphics 5100
Intel® HD Graphics 5500
Intel® HD Graphics 5000
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Intel® HD Graphics 4400
Intel® HD Graphics 4200
Intel® HD Graphics 4000 (not supported with Windows 10)
Intel® HD Graphics 3000 (mobile) (not supported with Windows 10)
Intel® HD Graphics 2500
Intel® HD Graphics 2000 (mobile) (not supported with Windows 10)
6th Generation Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 Mobile and Desktop Processor
*Important to have in mind is that, considering the OS, this adapter is compatible with Windows*7 and Windows*8.1 with one of the processors and graphics solutions informed above except the ones that refer Windows®10 not being supported.
If you are using Windows*7, you do need to have the Intel® WiDi Software installed. For your convenience, here is the link: Intel® WiDi/Pro WiDi Software for Windows* version: 22.214.171.124 if your Intel® Processor is 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation as it can be confirmed here: ReadMe
Windows*8.1 and Windows®10 uses Miracast* to establish this connection and you will find more information on this matter by accessing this link provided by Microsoft*: Project to a Wireless Display with Miracast*
Another important thing to consider is that Intel® WiDi is going to reach end of life very soon. Please check this link for more information on this matter: Product Discontinuation Notice for Intel® WiDi and Intel® Pro WiDi
Let us know if you have any more questions or doubts,
Thank you for letting us know. Should you ever need our assistance again in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.