Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14508 Discussions

Q8300 Temperatures, please help

JJame9
Beginner

Hello guys,

i have a quick question which is bothering me since the weather is getting hotter outside.

I have a quad core q8300 cpu with a seperate cooler, so not the boxed one, and my temperatures in idle (completly idle) are this:

CPU: 45

Core0: 55

Core1: 44

Core2: 49

Core3 50

When i'm watching youtube videos:

CPU: 57

Core0: 63

Core1: 59

Core2: 57

Core3: 58

When i'm playing games (i'm setting my cpu cooler to 70% then):

CPU: 60

Core0: 65

Core1: 64

Core2: 62

Core3: 61

I already tried out the intel diagnotisc tool, also with the cooler at 70%, like i always do when it's on full load, and the temperatures are quite the same as when i'm playing, and it tells me at the end that everything is fine.

But i just want to know if these temperatures are "perfect" for a longer time? Like, do they disturb the lifetime of my cpu? I'm a quite scared dude because i don't have so much money to buy a new cpu or something and i'm absolutly untalented with pc things like cleaning them, but i have a "dust-protection" in front of my front-cooler and it still seems to be okay. The age of the cpu should be ~6-7 years, i'm not 100% shure because i bought it from a friend in 2011.

Thank you for any help

Best regards,

Jesse

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi Jesse18,

The processor is working properly; the maximum temperature recommended is 71.4 Celsius degrees and it can support up to 100 Celsius.

The Core™2 Quad Processor Q8300 was released on 2008. It will be a good idea to replace the thermal paste between processor plate and heatsink.

Example of a third party compound; there are many options available in the market.

https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Carbon-Based-Non-Electricity-Non-Capacitive-Non-Bleeding/dp/B004ULZITS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1465852596&sr=8-2&keywords=intel+thermal+paste

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos