1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 8, 2016 5:30 PM by Intel Corporation

Wow what a fantastic bit of gear.

Romonaga

About a week ago I was at Fry's electronic store, picking up my fix for electronics.  While looking for yet one more Raspberry Pi to add to my collection I happened to notice this brown box with the Intel logo.  I had no clue what was in the box, did not have my phone to check.  I decided why not toss it into the basket, if I did not like it I was comfortable in knowing I could return it.

I get this device home, and see its in 2 parts, (Some assembly required.) after looking at the scant documentation and proceed to put it together.  After getting the small nuts on I proceed to power the device up.  Again, no clue what I bought, just knew it was compatible with an Arduno.  Needless to say, I could not get the device to do anything.  After reading the setup instructions found with the help of google, I was up and logged in to the device over a serial connection.

Now, I am working on  large home automation / light show / intercom system ....  I was at first thinking of using a Raspberry Pi for the central server, now I am planning on using this device for the central server.  What a fantastic bit of kit, I am so happy that I did take that chance and bought it.  Now, lets see just how hard I can push this device.

Thank you Intel for creating what I consider a first class product.

• 1. Re: Wow what a fantastic bit of gear.
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Romonaga,

We are really happy to hear that you’re satisfied with your purchase! Please don’t hesitate opening a case in the Community or sending an email ticket whenever you feel the need or have a question to ask us. We’ll be more than glad to help you, we hope you have a great time with your Intel Edison!

Regards,
          -Pablo