cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new fw 8860 for x25-e

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I bought X-25-E 64GB some days ago. There are FW 8860. But in official site only FW 8850 is.

What is it? New FW without announcement?

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I saw that too and I am really interested for an answer

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just bought a new X25-E 32 GB with the new 8860 firmware.

But i want to build RAID 1 with an older X25-E for a production server.

I want the drives to have identical FW's for optimal performance and stability.

Intel can you please inform us when we be able to upgrade X25-E to FW 8860?

For me this is a pretty urgent matter.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I had six X25-E 64GB SSDs that I got in mid-2009, and I am building a production server with eight of them in an array on an Adaptec 5805. So I bought three more (to have one spare too) but noticed that my new ones were firmware 8860. Like the previous poster, I don't feel good about mixing firmware revisions on the same RAID array, seems risky especially since this is a production server. I have now contacted Intel twice by phone and once by email. I was promised callbacks after both phone conversations and received none (it's been about three weeks since the first call). No reply to the email. So I've spent over $2000 on SSDs that I can't use until firmware 8860 is posted so that I can update the older SSDs. This is now officially holding up my project (in addition to occupying cash that I barely had in the first place). PLEASE INTEL, AT LEAST TELL ME SOMETHING. If there's anyone out there who wants to swap older X25-Es for newer, contact me.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Another month passed by still no sign of a firmware update...

If other customers also want to upgrade to fw 8860 for X25-e, please post a reply here.

Maybe then it will get Intel's attention.

Intel, please informs us of the status of a possible fw upgrade, thanks!