7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2016 11:42 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel HD Graphics 5600, Apps made with Qt not responding

iede

Hello,

I have a problem with my laptop (Intel Core i7-5700HQ with Intel HD Graphics 5600) in which if I use application that use Qt, the application's GUI will stop working after several seconds.

1. VirtualBox
        • I use VirtualBox 5.0.20
        • As you can see in the attachment, after I move my cursor over the menu several seconds the menu will be not displayed sometimes and the blue mark also not there if I hover my cursor over specific menu.
        • If I close VirtualBox and restart again it will not work as the previous process is still not responding in task manager.
        • I've asked support from VirtualBox community and they said that it was Qt issues because VirtualBox use Qt for the GUI and they also said there is a problem with my current graphics driver to communicate with apps that use Qt
        • I've tried to replicate issue in another application that use Qt in which I use Wireshark in this case
      2. Wireshark
        • I use Wireshark 2.0.3 that use Qt 5.3.2
        • As you can see in the attachment, this one is even worse than VirtualBox. After several seconds hovering my cursor accross menu the application is not responding at all and I need to force close via Task Manager

I've tried to replicate issue with my other laptop which has intel HD Graphics 5500 both applications work fine, so my conclusion is something wrong with Intel HD Graphics 5600 itself.

I've tried all driver versions Intel HD Graphics 5600 but it doesn't help at all. Now I use latest beta driver (4444) and the problems still there.

So basically I can't use both applications above at all because it will stop responding after several seconds and it's bothering me because I need both applications for my work.

If you need more data let me know.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

See above

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel Core i7-5700HQ - Intel HD Graphics 5600

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
      ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Hybrid with NVIDIA GTX 960M

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
      LFP
      = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
      EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP 15.6" 1920x1080

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

16 GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
      ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

N/A

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1612&SUBSYS_11381462&REV_0A

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1612&SUBSYS_11381462

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1612&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1612&CC_0300

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Windows 10 Home 64 bit Version 1511 (OS Build 10568.318)

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

Intel HD Graphics 5600 : 20.19.15.4444

NVIDIA GTX 960M : 10.18.13.5435

SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.

VirtualBox : 5.0.20

Wireshark : 2.0.3

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

Single

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

1920x1080 @60 Hz 32 Bit

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

AC mode, power cable plugged in

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
      A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

VirtualBox

1. Open VB
      2. Try to click one of the menu and move to other menu with menu window open
      3. Try to move from one to another until problem occurs

Wireshark

1. Open Wireshark
      2. Try to click one of the menu and move to other menu with menu window open
      3. Try to move from one to another until problem occurs