I have a problem with my laptop (Intel Core i7-5700HQ with Intel HD Graphics 5600) in which if I use application that use Qt, the application's GUI will stop working after several seconds.
- I use VirtualBox 5.0.20
- As you can see in the attachment, after I move my cursor over the menu several seconds the menu will be not displayed sometimes and the blue mark also not there if I hover my cursor over specific menu.
- If I close VirtualBox and restart again it will not work as the previous process is still not responding in task manager.
- I've asked support from VirtualBox community and they said that it was Qt issues because VirtualBox use Qt for the GUI and they also said there is a problem with my current graphics driver to communicate with apps that use Qt
- I've tried to replicate issue in another application that use Qt in which I use Wireshark in this case
- I use Wireshark 2.0.3 that use Qt 5.3.2
- As you can see in the attachment, this one is even worse than VirtualBox. After several seconds hovering my cursor accross menu the application is not responding at all and I need to force close via Task Manager
I've tried to replicate issue with my other laptop which has intel HD Graphics 5500 both applications work fine, so my conclusion is something wrong with Intel HD Graphics 5600 itself.
I've tried all driver versions Intel HD Graphics 5600 but it doesn't help at all. Now I use latest beta driver (4444) and the problems still there.
So basically I can't use both applications above at all because it will stop responding after several seconds and it's bothering me because I need both applications for my work.
If you need more data let me know.
Answers (N/A if not applicable)
Provide a detailed description of the issue
Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")
Always (100%): X
Very Sporadic (<20%):
Brand and Model of the system.
Intel Core i7-5700HQ - Intel HD Graphics 5600
Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
Hybrid with NVIDIA GTX 960M
Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
LFP 15.6" 1920x1080
How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).
Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).
Operating System version (see note2 below).
Windows 10 Home 64 bit Version 1511 (OS Build 10568.318)
VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.
Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).
Intel HD Graphics 5600 : 22.214.171.12444
NVIDIA GTX 960M : 10.18.13.5435
SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.
VirtualBox : 5.0.20
Wireshark : 2.0.3
Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).
Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).
1920x1080 @60 Hz 32 Bit
AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?
AC mode, power cable plugged in
How to repro
Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.