We will be more than glad to assist you, but before we go any further, could you please provide the following information? And if possible, detailed information of what is not working.
Intel® HD Graphics and version
Intel® WiDi version.
Intel® Processor (full infomation)
Please, let us know as soon as possible so we can provide the assistance you need.
HD Graphics 5500
Driver Date: 3/31/2016
Driver Version: 22.214.171.12424
Intel WiDi version:
Intel® WiDi/Pro WiDi Software for Windows*
Version: 126.96.36.199 (Latest) Date: 3/2/2016
Intel Core i7 5500u , 2.4GHz
P.S. I switched to a Realtek Wi-Fi card and the problems are immediately solved, so I'm sure these problems are related to this Intel Wireless-AC 7265 card.
Windows®10 uses Miracast* to connect in order to establish this connection. Since you have mentioned that you have replaced this card, could please confirm if the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 is installed by factory? Regarding replacing the wireless adapter, it is important that you know that Intel does not support integration which is when the orignal wireless adapter is replaced by another card, check this advisory for more information on this matter: Regulatory Information Regarding Harware Installation or Upgrade
1. While having the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 installed, did you try to connect via Miracast*?
2. Have you consulted with the computer manufacturer for any updates in case this adapter is the orignal one isntalled by factory? You may find your computer manufacturer contact information in the link above.
Sometimes, depending on the antivirus and firewall configuration, the connection may be impacted. Also, active Bluetooth* and possible active VPNs may interfere with the connection.
As a second option, you are wecome to try a clean installation of the latest generic drivers using the drivers found in our download center. Here is how you can do it.
2. Download and save: Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40] version 188.8.131.5244 released on April 29th, 2016
3. Download and save: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 version 18.40.0 according to your sistem architecture 32 or 64 Bit. *The PROSet package version is 18.40.0 but the driver version for the adapter may vary as follow 18.33.0.x
Download and save: Intel® WiDi/Pro WiDi Software for Windows* version 184.108.40.206 you may want to check the release notes for further information.
5. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
6. Also in Programs and Features, Uninstall Intel® WiDi Software.
7. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
8. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
9. Also in Device Manager, under Display adapters, Uninstall the Intel®HD Graphics, also selecting the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
10. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
11. Install the Intel® Graphics driver downloaded before.
12. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components as they improve WiDi functionality.
13. Install the Intel® WiDi/ Pro WiDi Software.
Yes I tried to connect to a Miracast receiver, it doesn't work either.
That's why I'm filing a complaint (asking for help).
Actually besides the Microsoft receiver, I've tried another certified WiDi receiver plus a Miracast receiver,
all of them ddin't connect so I've concluded it's the card's problem and came here.
These receivers are working fine with the non-AC7265 connection.
Gigabyte BRIX GB-BXi7H-5500, 5th generation Intel® Core™ i7-5500U 2.4GHz / 3.0GHz
It's a NUC barebone for DIY and it doesn't come with any WiFi card.
1 x mSATA slot
1 x PCIe M.2 NGFF 2230 A-E key slot
Could you please collect the runtime logs when you use the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265?
Here is how you can do it:
The Intel® WiDi Compatibility Tool creates 2 sets of log files. They are located in different directories.
This is actually a directory with a name that starts with micl_tmp. Please zip up the entire directory and send it.
This this could be a single file or multiple files ending in .wdl. The tool creates a new log file every time you run it.
Let us know as soon as possible.
Thank you for the information provided but we are afraid that the info provided is not the one we requested. Could you please be so kind and provide it to us as soon as possible? Apart from running and collecting the information you will get from the tool informed above, please also collect the logs from this tool as well: Intel® System Support Utility - If you have any doubts, you may also use this guide to help you: Intel® SSU Help Guide additional information can also be found here: Frequently Asked Questions for the Intel® System Support Utility.