Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Attaching a HDTV to the Mobile 965 chipset

idata
Employee

Hi folks.

I'm running Win 7 64-bit on a Toshiba Equium laptop. I have a Sharp Aquos 20 in HDTV connected as a secondary monitor, for watching film etc.

Problem is that, although the Intel software (and I have the latest version) recognises the resolution of the screen & is outputting it fine, but it only sees the monitor as a Generic P & P Monitor, so I get the picture squashed up in the middle of the screen. There doesn't seem to be a driver for the TV and nothing I try (uninstalling the monitor etc) will get it recognised as a TV.

The TV is plugged into the VGA output of the laptop & I'm running it as an extended desktop.

Funny thing is, it worked fine on Vista!

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Does changing the screen resolution for the TV display in the display properties do nothing?

Right Click on desktop -> Screen Resolution

Chose the TV, change resolution

If that doesn't help, try the Advanced settings button on the same screen, choose the TV and set the refresh rate up/down a little. (Careful, don't push it up too much)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yup! That'd work fine if the Intel Graphics utility would allow me to select anything other than 60Hz as the refresh rate.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

OK, got an answer from th Sharp TV forum that enabled me to sort it!

Apparently there's a 'hidden' menu on the TV that allows you to select the display mode.

Sorted! Thanks

0 Kudos