Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

turbos boost way low

ccarv4
Beginner

i have 4670 i5 4670 3.4 and my turbo boost reads 2.20 i cant change in bios. any way to fix?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, caleb1991:

Bear in mind that this feature will be reached when need it, there is no option to turn it on or off. The maximum turbo frequency indicates the highest possible frequency achievable when conditions allow the processor to enter turbo mode. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology frequency varies depending on workload, hardware, software, and overall system configuration.

Due to varying power characteristics, some parts with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology may not achieve maximum turbo frequencies when running heavy workloads and using multiple cores concurrently.

Availability and frequency upside of Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 state depends upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, the following:

• Type of workload
  • Number of active cores
  • Estimated current consumption
  • Estimated power consumption
  • Processor temperature

For further reference visit http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, caleb1991:

I wanted to check on this thread, I noticed that since my last reply I didn't get an answer from you; Did my previous post help you? Would it be ok if I close the thread?

If you have any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos