Answers (N/A if not applicable)
Provide a detailed description of the issue
1) The latest drivers will not install. It gets stuck on the installing Intel Display Audio portion no matter how long I wait, no matter which driver I use. Even installing manually from device manager does not work.
2) I deleted all intel drivers using display driver uninstaller. I then allowed the system to install the intel drivers on its own, which seems to be the only way to install any intel drivers.
3) If I use the drivers installed this way by the system then I get many issues. I receive no signal through the displayport, forcing me to use hdmi. The drivers prevent my computer from shutting down and I end up with BSOD. Occasionally when I leave the computer, the monitor loses signal and I am unable to retrieve the display signal until after I restart the computer. I get constant screen flickering with XMP on, to the point of the computer becoming unusable. All of these problems are avoided if I use the basic microsoft drivers, but then I'm limited in what I can do.
Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")
Always (100%): X
Very Sporadic (<20%):
Brand and Model of the system.
Intel HD 530, i7 6700k
Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).
Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
hdmi. No signal whatsoever through displayport.
Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).
N/A currently using basic microsoft driver
Operating System version (see note2 below).
Windows 10 64bit
VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.
Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).
SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.
Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).
Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).
AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?
power cable plugged in
How to repro
Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
Thank you for the information provided regarding this.
I would like to double check some things, and provide you with some troubleshooting you can perform.
1. Please let me know which is the driver version that cannot be installed in your system.
2. Which are the drivers that generate the BSODs (driver version)
3. What happens if you test the behavior of your system with a single module of RAM? (single stick)
4. If possible, test the behavior of your system with another set of RAM
Hope you can follow the troubleshooting above.
I was checking this thread and wondered if you were able to fix this issue? or gather up the information requested before if not.
Please let me know.
Just wanted to check if you were still facing the issues with the driver installation?
I am looking forward to hearing from you.