7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2016 10:03 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel HD Graphics 4400 color flickering

Mr.Lu

Hi everyone,

I'm having some serious issues with the Intel HD Graphics 4400 driver and was wondering if anyone here knows how to solve it or can tell me what is the reason for the problem.

The Problem:

Colors are displayed wrong and flicker/change randomly, especially the live tiles in Windows 10 start menu differ from tile to tile and flicker. Also the text in Edge browser is displayed too dark to read and wbpage text is in parts displayed blurry. Also the headers in Windows Explorer flicker and alter color randomly between black and grey. (see screenshots)

QQ截图20160601011517.png

QQ截图20160601011833.png

QQ截图20160601171833.png

I've installed the latest version 15.40.22.4424 of the Intel HD Graphics 4400 driver (Drivers & Software) on Windows 10 Home System. The laptop is the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with Intel Core i7-4510U (Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Multimode Ultrabook | Multimode Laptops & Ultrabooks | Lenovo US). I tried to install older versions of the driver but the problem remains.
      If I deinstall the Intel Driver in the Device Manager and the graphic card is recognized as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter the issues disappear. Of Course it's not an option to simply stay with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, because a lot of basic functions won't be available (no correct scaling of many windows, no option to shut down into sleep mode, no adjustment of screen brightness, etc.). What also might be a hint to the problem is that since the issues accured the Task Manager displays the Windows Shell Experience Host constantly using around 200MB of the RAM.

Please help me to fix this issue!
      Thank You a lot in advance!