1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2016 11:54 PM by nag96chidara

edison yocto bitbake QA error

Cooper132

Hi,

I am trying to compile the yocto 3.0 sources via bitbake according to the available guides.

However at some point I am encountering the following errors:

ERROR: QA Issue: hostapd-daemon: The compile log indicates that host include and/or library paths were used.
               Please check the log '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/poky/out/linux64/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/hostapd-daemon/2.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile' for more information. [compile-host-path]
      ERROR: QA Issue: wpa-supplicant: The compile log indicates that host include and/or library paths were used.
               Please check the log '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/poky/out/linux64/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/wpa-supplicant/android-4.4.4_r2.0.1-r1/temp/log.do_compile' for more information. [compile-host-path]
      WARNING: QA Issue: wpa-supplicant-passphrase rdepends on libcrypto, but it isn't a build dependency? [build-deps]
      ERROR: QA run found fatal errors. Please consider fixing them.
      ERROR: Function failed: do_package_qa
      ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/poky/out/linux64/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/hostapd-daemon/2.1-r0/temp/log.do_package_qa.27055
      ERROR: Task 390 (/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/poky/meta-intel-edison/meta-intel-edison-distro/recipes-connectivity/hostapd/hostapd-daemon_2.1.bb, do_package_qa) failed with exit code '1'
      WARNING: QA Issue: wpa-supplicant rdepends on libcrypto, but it isn't a build dependency? [build-deps]
      WARNING: QA Issue: wpa-supplicant rdepends on libssl, but it isn't a build dependency? [build-deps]
      ERROR: QA run found fatal errors. Please consider fixing them.
      ERROR: Function failed: do_package_qa
      ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/poky/out/linux64/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/wpa-supplicant/android-4.4.4_r2.0.1-r1/temp/log.do_package_qa.27056
      ERROR: Task 377 (/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/poky/meta-intel-edison/meta-intel-edison-distro/recipes-connectivity/wpa_supplicant/wpa-supplicant_android-4.4.4_r2.0.1.bb, do_package_qa) failed with exit code '1'

Any ideas on what to do to fix these?

The mentioned do_compile logs contain a bunch of warnings like:

cc1: warning: include location "/usr/include/libnl3" is unsafe for cross-compilation [-Wpoison-system-directories]

Regards,

Cooper

• 1. Re: edison yocto bitbake QA error
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Cooper132,

Could you please tell us which guides you’re talking about? Which steps are you following to build the image? Did you follow the steps for the previous images or did you check the README file that comes with the source files? If you haven’t check it before, these are the steps:

unzip iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315.zip
          cd iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/poky/
          source oe-init-build-env ../build_edison/
          bitbake edison-image u-boot
          ../poky/meta-intel-edison/utils/flash/postBuild.sh .
          zip –r toFlash.zip toFlash

It is also recommended to enter your GitHub credentials before entering the source command. Please let us know if these are the steps you’re using.

Regards,
          -Pablo

• 2. Re: edison yocto bitbake QA error
            Cooper132

Hi Pablo,

This is the first time I am trying to build the image myself, so far I only used the complete yocto image from the Downloads page.

I have to admit I did not check the README file, I followed largely the steps in this tutorial which seems to be based on the BSP pdf.

Obviously these are for the previous version, I assumed they would still work with this one.

I will mark this as correct, as it solves my original problem.

However, following the steps from the README, I am now stuck with another error, this time it seems to be the iotivity package:

| Checking for C++ library boost_thread... (cached) yes
            | Checking for C++ library boost_system... (cached) yes
            |
            | *********************************** Warning ***********************************
            | * You are trying cross build, please make sure (i586) version libraries are
            | * installed!                                                                *
            | *******************************************************************************
            |
            | Checking for C++ library boost_thread... (cached) yes
            | Checking for C++ library boost_system... (cached) yes
            | Reading top Zigbee Wrapper.
            | Reading top Telegesis Wrapper.
            | Reading Telegesis Wrapper (TW) script
            | Reading Zigbee Wrapper (ZW) script
            | Reading PI script
            | Include path is ['/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/resource/csdk/connectivity/lib/libcoap-4.1.1', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/resource/c_common/oic_malloc/include', '../api', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/deps/linux/include', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/extlibs/tinycbor/tinycbor/src', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/out/yocto/i586/release/resource/c_common', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/out/yocto/i586/release/resource/c_common/oic_malloc/include', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/out/yocto/i586/release/resource/c_common/oic_string/include', '../inc', '../lib/libcoap-4.1.1', '../common/inc', 'common/inc/', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/sysroots/edison/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0/', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/sysroots/edison/usr/include/glib-2.0', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/sysroots/edison/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/out/yocto/i586/release/resource/csdk/connectivity/src/bt_le_adapter/linux', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/out/yocto/i586/release/resource/csdk/routing/./include', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/plugins/include', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/plugins/include/internal', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/resource/oc_logger/include', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/resource/csdk/stack/include', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/resource/csdk/logger/include', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/resource/c_common/oic_string/include', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/plugins/zigbee_wrapper/telegesis_wrapper/include', '/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/plugins/zigbee_wrapper/include']
            | Files path is ['/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/iotivity-1.0.0/resource/csdk/logger/src/logger.c', 'pluginlist.c', 'plugininterface.c']
            | scons: done reading SConscript files.
            | scons: Building targets ...
            | scons: building associated VariantDir targets: out/yocto/i586/release
            | scons: *** [out/yocto/i586/release/service/resource-hosting/src/unittest/hosting_test] Implicit dependency `extlibs/gtest/gtest-1.7.0/lib/.libs/libgtest_main.a' not found, needed by target `out/yocto/i586/release/service/resource-hosting/src/unittest/hosting_test'.
            | scons: building terminated because of errors.
            | ERROR: scons build execution failed.
            | WARNING: /home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/temp/run.do_compile.26991:1 exit 1 from
            |  exit 1
            | ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/iotivity/1.0.0-r0/temp/log.do_compile.26991)
            ERROR: Task 1379 (/home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/../poky/meta-oic/recipes-core/iotivity/iotivity_1.0.0.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
            NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2836 tasks of which 2825 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
            Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:
              /home/sebastian/edison-src/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/../poky/meta-oic/recipes-core/iotivity/iotivity_1.0.0.bb, do_compile
            Summary: There were 2 WARNING messages shown.
            Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

I am working on an Arch Linux machine by the way, maybe that is the problem...

On a side note, I am trying to build the image myself because I need functioning sleep modes (see e.g. this thread).

It would be nice if this was included in the next official firmware update .

Regards,

Cooper

• 3. Re: edison yocto bitbake QA error
              Farit

You should follow the kernel compiling instructions in the message above.

If you want to change the kernel, just modify it in poky/linux-kernel

I checked the patch file differences pmu: stop powering up the pci device without driver · 01org/edison-linux@149de7a · GitHub

and compared them to the file poky/linux-kernel/arch/x86/platform/intel-mid/intel_soc_pmu.c

All changes have already been added to the file.

• 4. Re: edison yocto bitbake QA error
                Intel Corporation

Hi Cooper132,

According to the Yocto Mega Manual, you should be able to build the image properly in one of the following distributions: Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, CentOS and openSUSE. So as you mentioned, this could be the issue. I would suggest you to try on a different operating system. Hopefully, you’ll be able to build it successfully.

Regards,
                -Pablo

• 5. Re: edison yocto bitbake QA error
                  Cooper132

Pablo,

thanks for the info!

I am now able to build successfully on a newly installed Ubuntu 14.04 virtual machine.

Regards,

Cooper

• 6. Re: edison yocto bitbake QA error
                    Intel Corporation

Hi Cooper132,

You’re welcome! Please feel free to ask any other question you may have and we’ll be more than glad to help you, you can open a new ticket at any time.

Regards,
                    -Pablo

• 7. Re: edison yocto bitbake QA error
                      nag96chidara

Hi,

I am trying to build image for edison using bitbake. When I tried I am getting the below response. Please help me out.

Parsing recipes: 100% |#########################################################################################################| Time: 00:01:01

Parsing of 961 .bb files complete (0 cached, 961 parsed). 1366 targets, 115 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

Build Configuration:

BB_VERSION        = "1.24.0"

BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"

NATIVELSBSTRING   = "Ubuntu-14.04"

TARGET_SYS        = "i586-poky-linux"

MACHINE           = "edison"

DISTRO            = "poky-edison"

DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.7.2"

TUNE_FEATURES     = "m32 core2"

TARGET_FPU        = ""

meta             

meta-yocto       

meta-yocto-bsp    = "(detachedfromyocto-1.7.2):29812e61736a95f1de64b3e9ebbb9c646ebd28dd"

meta-intel-edison-bsp

meta-intel-edison-distro = "<unknown>:<unknown>"

meta-intel-iot-middleware = "(detachedfromc6d6814):c6d681475e76107e6c04c5f7a06034dc9e772d1e"

meta-intel-arduino = "<unknown>:<unknown>"

meta-arduino      = "1.6.x:541b127163acb243109f07141bf249da2ecdcd9a"

NOTE: Preparing runqueue

NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks

NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://www.rpm5.org/files/rpm/rpm-5.4/rpm-5.4.14-0.20131024.src.rpm;extract=rpm-5.4.14.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://zlib.net/pigz/pigz-2.3.1.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available

ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 4, no output

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'http://www.rpm5.org/files/rpm/rpm-5.4/rpm-5.4.14-0.20131024.src.rpm;extract=rpm-5.4.14.tar.gz'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/skakarla/edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/poky/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/rpm-native/5.4.14-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.6560

ERROR: Task 98 (virtual:native:/home/skakarla/edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/poky/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/rpm/rpm_5.4.14.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 4, output:

wget: unable to resolve host address 'zlib.net'

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'http://zlib.net/pigz/pigz-2.3.1.tar.gz'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/skakarla/edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/poky/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/pigz-native/2.3.1-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.22706

ERROR: Task 28 (virtual:native:/home/skakarla/edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/poky/poky/meta/recipes-extended/pigz/pigz_2.3.1.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gettext/gettext-0.18.3.2.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL git://sourceware.org/git/glibc.git;branch=release/2.20/master, attempting MIRRORS if available

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 296 tasks of which 0 didn't need to be rerun and 2 failed.

Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 2 tasks failed:

virtual:native:/home/skakarla/edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/poky/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/rpm/rpm_5.4.14.bb, do_fetch

virtual:native:/home/skakarla/edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/poky/poky/meta/recipes-extended/pigz/pigz_2.3.1.bb, do_fetch

Summary: There were 4 WARNING messages shown.

Summary: There were 4 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

• 8. Re: edison yocto bitbake QA error
                        Intel Corporation

Hi nag96,

According to the errors, it seems like some of the URLs are no longer working or the version of the package has changed. It would be necessary to edit the recipes that produced the errors and add the new the URL or just update the version. Have you tried that?

Regards,
                        -Pablo

• 9. Re: edison yocto bitbake QA error
                          nag96chidara

Dear Pablo,

I used this version only because I am not able to find the latest version of it. It would be of great help if you post the link to the source files regarding the building of image for intel edison using bitbake.

Thanks,

Nagarjuna

• 10. Re: edison yocto bitbake QA error
                            Intel Corporation

Hi nag96,

Source are now available in here http://iotdk.intel.com/src/3.5/edison/. Extract the files and follow the instructions in the README file to build the image. Let us know your results.

Regards,
                            -Pablo 

• 11. Re: edison yocto bitbake QA error
                              nag96chidara

Dear Pablo,

Thanks. I am able to compile successfully.

Regards,

Nagarjuna

• 12. Re: edison yocto bitbake QA error
                                nag96chidara

Dear Pablo,

As I told previously, I am able to compile the bitbake image in my laptop but I am not able to flash the image into intel edison board. Could you please guide me through the steps required to flash the created image into the board?

Thanks,

Nagarjuna

• 13. Re: edison yocto bitbake QA error
                                  Intel Corporation

Hi Nagarjuna,

What have you tried so far? Did you try to upload it using the flashall process? If not, here are the instructions: https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-25154 (instead of downloading the latest image from the Intel site, use the one that you already compiled).
                                  In case you already tried this, what issues are you encountering? Is there any log that you could share with the error?

Regards,
                                  -Pablo

• 14. Re: edison yocto bitbake QA error
                                    Intel Corporation

Hi Nagarjuna,

Do you have any updates on this case?

Regards,
                                    -Pablo

1 2 Previous Next