Is this issue happening only with an specific movie? How about accessing other data?
Intel recommends to always use the latest drivers provided by the computer manufacturer, in this case, ASUS* It is important to check with them for the latest drivers. You may find their contact information here: Computer Manufacturer Support Websites
It is also important to verify with Linksys* if your router is also running the latest firmware. Through this link, you may find additional information and support: Linksys* Support for the
Dual-Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router WRT320N
In the meantime, you are welcome to try the following steps that might help you improve your speed.
1. Disable the Power saving Functions. Go to Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Power Option >> Set the High Performance and apply to default settings.
2. Next, check the Change Plan Settings >> Change Advanced Power Settings >> Wireless Adapter >> Power Saving Mode and maje sure both on battery and Plugged in are set to Maximum Performance.
3. Also, go to Device Manger >> Network Adapters >> Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, right click on it and select Properties.
4. Once you're there, please select the tab that says Advanced and from the options available, look for the option that says U-APSD support and set it to disabled.
5. The following, find Transmit Power option and set it to 5. Highest.
6. Set the Wireless Mode to 802.11a/b/g. *Importanto to assure that the wireless mode on the router matches that of the adapter's.
7. Set the preferred band to Prefer 2.4GHz band.
8. Set the HT Mode to HT Mode.
9. Set the channel width for 2.4GHz to limit 20MHz.
10. Set the value of Roaming Aggressiveness to Lowest.
11. Set the value of Ad Hoc QoS Mode to WMM Disabled.
12. By default, routers come with the channel set to 11 or 6 and sometimes they get crowded. You way want to try a less crowded channel for better performance.
Let us know if these steps above helped you resolving this situation.
Thanks for the tips you suggested.
But I chose the easiest solution.
I bought a new router that is able of handling 2,4GHz and 5GHz at the same time.
Now my read/write tests are as expected now (read speed > write speed).
So the problem was probably related to my old router.
Thanks for your time in letting us know that the situation has been resolved after a new router was installed. Should you have any questions or doubts, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Have a great week!