Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20497 Discussions

bug during installation - intel hd graphics - monitor turned off - out of range message

__1
Beginner

At the end of the installation of the intel hd graphics drivers the monitor turns off because the new drivers don't remember the old driver's previous settings for the display and the new ones create new settings that are out of the performance range for my monitor. I have to shut down the computer and restart it in order to use it and this is really annoying. I have to shut down all the running applications too and end the PC session.

I think this happened to older drivers too (year 2015), but not to very old drivers (approx. year 2014).

During the installation I don't select to run WinSAT(Windows System Assessment Tool), and I don't want to run it. The drivers install, they shut down the display as usual, to check the settings, but at the end of the installation the display turns off and I get a message saying that the current settings are out of range for my display.

I had the resolution set to 1920x1080 at 60Hz before the install. I use Windows 7 x64, intel i5-4570 with intel hd graphics 4600, a stock cpu/not overclocked and the bug appeared this time when I was installing the drivers Intel "HD Graphics 4600 - 10.18.14.4414 - win64_153631.4414 - release date: 5/13/2016".

After I reboot the PC, everything is OK.

Please fix this bug.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CCris2
New Contributor II

Hello,

Please uninstall the driver you have now.

After you uninstall Intel Driver use this utility: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.7.5.5

Select Intel at Graphic Driver.

Then click on Clean and DO NOT Restart.

That will remove any leftovers from the old driver.

And then Set Automatic Installation Driver to default. And after that restart.

Then reinstall the driver.

If the problem is still there, then post it here so that an Intel representative to assist you.

0 Kudos
__1
Beginner

Hello,

Problem solved.

I installed the new drivers without uninstalling the old ones and that was why the new drivers created settings that were out of the performance range for my monitor.

I tested this twice by installing 2 different driver versions on top of a system that had all the video drivers uninstalled before the new driver installation. And it worked every time without a problem. I used to uninstall the nvidia or amd drivers before installing the new video drivers for nvidia or amd, but I didn't pay to much attention to that workflow, now that I use intel video graphics. From now on, I'll uninstall any old video drivers before installing the updated ones.

Thank you, Ronin.

0 Kudos
CCris2
New Contributor II

Glad that I could help you, and it worked for you.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

I'm glad that your issue has been resolved and thank you Ronin for your contribution on this thread, hd_graphics_4600 I hope you can have a better experience with the Intel® graphics from now on.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos