6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 1:19 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel HD 530 (6700K) 2d graphic artifacts while and after resizing

Arokh

Hi,

I recently have graphic issues involving window resizing:

If I for example open Windows Explorer and enlarge the Window with the mouse using the left border, I get artifacts as visible in attachment (Artifacts1.png).

If I resize slowly (~2 Pixels per second) the issue does not appear.

If I resize a bit faster it looks like the scrollbar in Artifacts1.png smears to the left (looks like it the right edge of the scrollbar a bit too far left, doing that for every resize event)

If I go even faster the artifacts remain pretty static as seen in Artifacts1.png.

Once the artifacts are there (there is no movement like noise) they remain until the window is minimized or dragged out of view (i.e. until the area is repainted instead of just moved)

This doesn't only happen with Windows Explorer but other applications as well:

Affected: Windows Explorer, Windows Photo Viewer, mIRC, etc

Not Affected: Chrome, Visual Studio, Notepad++, Device Manager, etc

The second Image Artifacts2.png, happens rarely (at least I haven't found a way to reproduce it) and it occurred when restoring the window from minimized state.

The issues probably started after upgrading the driver (I had trouble with starting Minecraft and it was recommended to upgrade the drivers which solved the issue), though I'm not sure which version it was.

If more information is need I'm happy to provide them.

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

See above

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")

Always (100%): x

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

NA

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
      ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Desktop PC - HD 530 Graphics only

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
      LFP
      = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
      EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

EFP - LCD Monitor (Samsung Syncmaster 245B)

EFP - LCD Monitor (Samsung Syncmaster 204B)

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

16GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
      ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

See HW Info

No Overclocking

Temperatures are below 30°C while the issues happen

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Win10 Pro 64bit

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.

Windows Explorer

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

2 Monitors - Extended Mode

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

1920x1600 + 1600x1200

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

NA

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
      A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

-Open Windows Explorer

-Enlarge window with mouse using the left edge