Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.
Does the system reach the POST?
Based in the information you provided, I would recommend to try basic configuration with only one processor and one memory module. It would be great to know what the beep code is, if there is any pattern.
I'm unsure how to determine whether the system is POST-ing or not, as there is no video out. Note that this is not when the power button is pressed, but rather when the system is powered on. Below is a list of what I have tried and results:
- 2 CPUs installed, no RAM - solid green light when powering on
- 2 CPUs installed, 1 DIMM - solid green light when powering on
- CPU 1 installed, no RAM - solid green light when powering on
- CPU 1 installed, 1 DIMM - solid green light when powering on
Thank you for sharing those results.
It seems this is more a display problem. I would like to recommend the following:
- Try a different cable or monitor that does not use pin 12 for any purpose.
- Pin-out information is also documented in the Technical Product Specification for Intel® Server Board S2600GZ, Front Panel Video Connector Pin-out, page 87, table 39.
Thanks for the help, although I'm not really seeing any progress. I am not sure how to get a video signal from the front panel, as I do not have an adapter for that purpose. Below are more testing results:
- 1 CPU, 1 DIMM, GPU -> HDMI -> TV = no signal, solid green light
- 1 CPU, 1 DIMM, GPU -> VGA -> Monitor = same as above
- 1 CPU, 1 DIMM, GPU -> DVI -> VGA -> Monitor = same as above
- 1 CPU, 1 DIMM, Integrated -> VGA -> TV = same as above