8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2012 2:18 PM by John Munroe

DG43GT System hangs on POST w/Logitec wireless USB keyboard??

pbngem

I plugged in the USB dongle that came with the Logitech Dinovo wireless USB keyboard, and now the system hangs on POST. I have to turn the system off & removed the USB dongle and it boots up fine. Apperently, this board does not like this keyboard?. The board came shipped with Bios version 0019, but I have since updated it to version 0024. Anyone know of a fix for this issue??

• 1. Re: DG43GT System hangs on POST w/Logitec wireless USB keyboard??
          MisterIT

I am guessing that the BIOS is

a) Trying to detect the Keyboard (KB), but needs a different USB KB/USB LEGACY setting (more likely)

or

b) Dongle is being detected as a USB drive and is trying to initialize it, or something like that. (less likely)

You'll need a different KB to try these settings:

Enter BIOS (use Del key, F2 Key, might be another key to get into BIOS)

First, look for USB Legacy or USB Keyboard/Mouse options. (Integrated Peripheral section is a good place to start, otherwise look through them all)

Try turning USB Legacy or USB Keyboard/Mouse options on/off.

If that doesn't work

Look for BIOS settings that pertain to USB devices, USB legacy, Boot from Removable Devices First, etc. try turning those on/off. Some of these might be found in an Integrated Peripherals section of the BIOS, maybe under another setting.

If none of these work you may need to flash/update the BIOS

• 2. Re: DG43GT System hangs on POST w/Logitec wireless USB keyboard??
            pbngem

Well,

I updated the bios to the latest version (0027)& tried every settin in the bios pertaining to booting & USB devicesI did a search on these forums & learned that there is nother board that has the same problem (DG43NB)In that thread there was a work-a-round by using a usb hub& boots ok with the usb dongle plugged into the hub.There appears to be an issue herewith the 43series chipset.This may be a problem to address Intel for support?

• 4. Re: DG43GT System hangs on POST w/Logitec wireless USB keyboard??
              pbngem

I sent this issue to intel support explaining the problem & everything I've tried to correct it. I expect they will look into a BIOS fix. This seems be an issue with the G43 chipset. I am awating a reply from Intel support.

• 5. Re: DG43GT System hangs on POST w/Logitec wireless USB keyboard??
                theresidents

I have the same problem and it is a 945 chipset. It's a bit of an older board, with the Intel 945 and it's a classic series board. I've installed a USB sound blaster x-fi surround. I even used to have the USB sound blaster MP3+ which did not give me this problem. At this point, my computer will sit here for 5 whole minutes before passing the BIOS screen. I updated to the latest BIOS and checked settings etc. If this sound card is plugged in, I sit at '5A' in the bottom corner for a really long time before the computer boots like nothing ever happened.

• 6. Re: DG43GT System hangs on POST w/Logitec wireless USB keyboard??
                  dave@leftytech.com

I am getting this behavior on two systems that use the Logitech Wave combo. The systems hang at the post screen unless the dongle is removed and the system rebooted. Is there any workaround or BIOS update that fixes this issue?

• 7. Re: DG43GT System hangs on POST w/Logitec wireless USB keyboard??
                    John Munroe

I have 2 Wave Pro mouse and keyboard sets.    On one of my two nearly identical computers, they both work perfectly.  On the computer that won't boot correctly with the receiver in, which has an Intel DC43NB motherboard (Intel 775 Duo socket); I can get the computer to see the receiver if I just wait for it to boot to the Windows Vista log in screen.  I then plug it in and everything is fine.  I have tried all USB's and get the same results.   I have checked the bios settings between both computers and they are the same.  USB Legacy is enabled on both.  I can also use wired PS2 or wired USB keyboards and mice on the problem computer and they boot up fine.

Any thoughts on this are greatly appreciated.  Again, the USB's all work, the wave pro works but only if I baby-sit the computer and wait until it get's to Windows and then install the receiver.  I am so tired of babysitting the boot up!

Thanks.

• 8. Re: DG43GT System hangs on POST w/Logitec wireless USB keyboard??
                      John Munroe

Did you ever find a good solution?  If so, please share.   Thanks.