6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2016 3:30 PM by xbolshe

GPIO2 Not Exported After Update

aramperez

After the last of the XDK (both on my Mac) and updating the software on my Galileo Gen2, GPIO2 does not appear to be exported. Is this a bug? My Node-based app used to work before I updated.

TIA,

Aram

• 1. Re: GPIO2 Not Exported After Update
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Aram,

I would like to know more information regarding the environment you are using:
          1.    Which XDK version are you using?
          2.    Which XDK-daemon you have on the board?
          3.    Which image are you using?
          4.    Could you post a snippet of your code to test this?
          5.    Is this happening only with GPIO2?
          6.    What are you updating? Is the image, firmware or the IDE?

Regards,
          Charlie

• 2. Re: GPIO2 Not Exported After Update
            aramperez

Hi Charlie,

1. It gets worse every time. I was running XDK Early Access, don't know the version. It informed me that there was an update and now I'm running 2866. But when I try to open my project (file with a ".xdk" extension), a Error message pops up: "This release of the Intel XDK does not support the type of project you are attempting to open." There is a file with an ".xdke" extension, but the XDK doesn't allow me to select it.

2. I don't know how to find out which XDK-daemon I'm using.

3. I'm using the latest version of the image downloaded from the Intel web site for a Gen2 board.

4. If run "ls /sys/class/gpio/", GPIO2 does NOT appear. I can do "echo -n 2 > /sys/class/gpio/export" and repeat the "ls" command, GPIO2 will show up. If I ran my program (with the previous version of XDK that could open my project file), then GPIO2 would disappear from the exported list.

5. Yes, only GPIO2 is appears to be missing. Here's a video from last year's version of the XDK that works as expected (but using a Gen1 board): [SD Robotics Club] Aram's Robot Arm (With Intel Galileo) - YouTube. Here's some of the code:

var mraa = require('mraa');

//////////////////////

function MotorController(iaPin, ibPin) {

var self = this;

this.iaPin = iaPin;

this.ibPin = ibPin;

this.ia = new mraa.Gpio(iaPin);

this.ia.dir(mraa.DIR_OUT);

this.ib = new mraa.Gpio(ibPin);

this.ib.dir(mraa.DIR_OUT);

}

var handCtl = new MotorController(1, 0);

var wristCtl = new MotorController(3, 2);     <=== Here's where Javascript throws an error. After lots of search for the error and trying lots of things, I finally stumbled across that GPIO2 was not being export/enabled.

6. I started the XDK and got informed there was an update so I updated the XDK. When you ask about the IDE, is that the same as the XDK? In the XDK, I was informed that the XDK-daemon needed to be updated (presumably on the Gen2 board), so I updated that also. That's when I started getting the errors.

Let me know if you need any more information from me.

Thanks,

Aram

• 3. Re: GPIO2 Not Exported After Update
              Intel Corporation

Hi Aram,

I just downloaded and installed the latest XDK version and I got the 3022 version (the number on the right upper corner)
              After connecting the device to the XDK, you should see a line in the Console with the xdk-daemon version, for example:
              xdk.JPG

On Terminal Console, if I run uname -a I get: Linux galileo 3.8.7-yocto-standard #1 Tue Sep 29 22:16:33 GMT 2015 i586 GNU/Linux, do you get the same output?

I think the problem could be related with the MRAA library version you have installed on the board. Go to “Manage your daemon/IoT device” and click on the option “Update libraries on the board”. After this If I run the code I am able to see the gpio in /sys/class/gpio but I receive an error in the console of the XDK due to I do not have nothing plugged to the board.
              Try by updating the daemon and the libraries and let me know the outcome. If you still have problems please post a screenshot of the error you get on the XDK.

Regards,
              Charlie

• 4. Re: GPIO2 Not Exported After Update
                Intel Corporation

Hi Aram,

I would like to know if you still have problems with this. 
                Please let me know if you are using the same image, and xdk daemon. Also, did you try by updating the libraries?

Regards,
                -Charlie

• 5. Re: GPIO2 Not Exported After Update
                  aramperez

Hi Charlie,

As I stated earlier, my XDK was updated and the updated version will NOT open my project so I can't connect to my Galileo Gen2. The project is a "hobby" and I've had to put it on hold for the moment. When I get a chance, I'll connect a serial cable and access the Galileo that way.

Thanks,

Aram

• 6. Re: GPIO2 Not Exported After Update
                    xbolshe

Hi,

regarding GPIO2 problem take a look at https://communities.intel.com/thread/102679#399552

BR,

xbolshe

1 of 1 people found this helpful