Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Laptop won't wake up after sleep; could be a driver issue

EThac
Beginner

I have an ASUS x555u and was getting BSODs that said 'video scheduler internal error' when playing games. I looked it up and apparently it's an issue with the intel graphics driver, so I updated and the computer no longer crashes.

What it does do however is refuse to wake up when I close the lid or leave it idle. If I press the power button I can see the screen flicker from its 'off' black to a black screen made by the computer (I hope that makes sense) and it makes its regular noises when turning on but gives up after about 30 secs. The only time I can successfully wake it up is if it's been asleep for a long time, like +5 hours. If it went to sleep whilst playing music, I can hear the music play when I try to wake it up, so it could be an issue with the monitor.

This didn't happen before I updated the drivers; I tried to install them again using the intel driver update app but nothing changed. I know very little about drivers and how they work and would appreciate any help anyone could offer.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi Thack,

In regards to your issue please verify if you are already using the latest BIOS and pc drivers available at Asus website (Chipset, graphics)

Also verify Windows 10 power options.

If problem continues, download and run our tool Intel® System Support Utility and send me the results.

Intel® System Support Utility

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos