1 Reply Latest reply on May 30, 2016 11:51 AM by Intel Corporation

Mini PC Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i5SYK international warranty

Marteau

Hi Guys,

I am very keen on buying this beast - Mini PC Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i5SYK - but it does not have too good reviews. Anyway, recently I have read that there is new BIOS release and "all" the bugs will/have been fixed.

(http://www.anandtech.com/show/10327/intel-releases-bios-version-0044-for-skylake-nucs ) So I am wandering... and in consequence I have two questions:

1) is NUC warranty international? I travel a lot and work in different parts of the world, so if I buy NUC in one country and it will break down do I have to send it to the country I bought it in or I can fix it in the country I am in at the moment?

2) I read that the warranty for NUC is valid 3 years, but only when bought from authorized seller. Does this mean that if I buy it from for example amazon.com it will not get the 3 year warranty?

Thanks in advance :-)

• 1. Re: Mini PC Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i5SYK international warranty
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hi Marteau,

I apologize for the time, to answer your questions.

1. Is NUC warranty international? R/ Yes it is. Here you can get warranty information for Intel® NUC products: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005679.html

1. So if I buy NUC in one country and it will break down do I have to send it to the country I bought it in or I can fix it in the country I am in at the moment? R/ Yes, you can apply the warranty even if you are in a different country within the same Geographic area, i.e. you bought the NUC in the USA and you are in a different American country but, if you are in Europe you will need to send the product back to the USA.

1.  I read that the warranty for NUC is valid 3 years, but only when bought from authorized seller. Does this mean that if I buy it from for example amazon.com it will not get the 3-year warranty? R/It means that you will need a valid invoice from the seller, in order to get the warranty, i.e. if you bought it from a friend; it is probably that the invoice would be under his name.  

If there is anything else you need, please let me know.

Regards,
          Hellen.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful