6 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2016 5:27 PM by Intel Corporation

Installing MySQL

dlee148

Hello all,

I am relatively new to Linux and to Edison, so please forgive me if I sound silly.

For a project I'm working on, I need to configure an Edison as a MySQL server. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like SQLite will work since, for the purposes of my project, I need a server that can support concurrency well. I have considered MariaDB, Percona, and FirebirdSQL, and have run into the following problems that I was hoping someone could help me out with.

• I followed Alex T's tutorial and updated my package repo. Based on some forum posts, I've seen that some people have had success running opkg install mariadb, but my Edison does not find that package.
      • I tried installing MariaDB and Percona by compiling from source, but my Edison's root directory is not large enough to fit them, even though I'm running a clean install.
      • I tried installing FireBirdSQL but I get a bunch of errors that I can't figure out, including one missing dependency that I also can't seem to find (tommath).

If anyone could point me in the right direction, either by advising on one of the above issues or pointing me in a new direction entirely, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!