5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 2:41 PM by Intel Corporation

Integrated Graphic won't display text during startup

Philip.O

My DZ77GA-70K board with integrated graphics no longer displays startup text.  This means I cannot use the text bios setup, or the text boot drive selection screen, or the bios update screen, or the RAID configuration screen.  I have tried updating Intel Windows graphics drivers and updating the Bios. I have tested the monitor with another computer and that is fine.  Since updating drivers or something else has caused Windows to hang during startup, and I can't see the screen to boot to another drive, so this is not a good situation.  I can get into visual bios, but only sometimes does it allow my mouse to work, and when it doesn't it is very difficult to navigate with a keyboard, and I haven't discovered a method to change the non-check box settings by the keyboard.

When the display should show text, the monitor says it has no input and goes to sleep.

Originally the sequence was like this, with fast boot optimization:

Power up computer

Display comes on

Display shows POST text, keys to enter BIOS/Boot selections, etc

Windows graphics shows

Then when text stopped working it was like this:

Power up computer

Screen stays asleep until Windows graphics begin

When I removed the fast boot optimization, it was like this:

Power up computer

monitor is asleep until Intel Graphic displays

Monitor says no input while RAID configuration should blink on

Monitor shows Intel graphic again

Monitor says no input again

Windows graphics begin

By now, Windows hangs, or else it never gets to Windows, I don't know, it just says no input on the monitor and the monitor goes to sleep.

I have tried changing settings in the graphics section of the BIOS setup, changing minimum memory, setting the IGD selection to auto or manual, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. 

System:

DZ77GA-70K

Core I5 3550K

2 x 8GB Kingston Ram

Antec Neo ECO 620C power supply

ACER H213H display, HDMI, 1920x1080

Thank you