Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

My Brother has Acer laptop w/ Intel HD3000 / Nvidia graphics combo. We can't find option for 0-256 color range.

msili
Beginner

. We are unable to watch movies with full 0-256 color range. I tried changing the color profile under the Intel Graphics options to no avail.

Is there a driver available that allows us to watch with full color range..?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi msilin24,

I apologize for the delay on the answer, the case got lost in our queue.

Nowadays laptops and newer monitors come with digital signal input so it is not necessary to add this feature in the graphics control panel.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
msili
Beginner

This is the wrong answer. It is unreasonable to not provide support for older monitors and TVs. In fact, our TV is new , but our stereo receiver is maybe 4 years old with hdmi pass through. Because of this we are forced to use 16-240 color space. Even tried connecting straight to the TV without the receiver and still 16-240 color space compared to my other computer.

Now we must throw out the laptop. I wish I could override the graphics card to Nvidia only without being forced to use Intel HD for media. I will never buy intel media products again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi msilin24,

The Intel® graphics HD 300 (24-bit) supports more bits than 0-256 color range (8-bit). The current drivers provides with better resolution than before.

I suggest you to double check the link below:

Color depth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_depth

NOTE: These links (external links) are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos