This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.
Bases in all the information you shared, I noticed you flashed the last versions for the S2600CP. At his point, you are in the right path, BMC is generating invalid readings.
I would like to recommend to flash again but now using Intel Server Board S2600CP Firmware Package for EFI.
Here the update instructions:
- Unzip the contents of the update package and copy all files to a folder on a USB flash drive
- Insert the USB flash drive to any available USB port on the server system to be updated
- Boot the Server to the EFI shell. This can be accessed via the <F2> BIOS setup utility during POST.
- Run the command "map -r" in the EFI shell to mount the USB flash drive
- Run the command "fs0:" to change folders to the USB flash drive. The USB flash drive
may also mount to fs1: depending on other installed devices. The number of "fs#" is
dependent on the result of command "map -r"
- Change folders to the folder storing the update package files
- Run the command "Startup.nsh" to start updating all the firmware and BIOS updates
Waiting to hear your results.
Ok, did all that. See attached for log and debug files. Still seeing BMC FW Health failure reported, and fans are spinning at 100% after initial initialization phase. New event in the logs now:
05/17/2016-18:39:43 OEM Reserved, SPS FW Health (#0x17) CRITICAL event: SPS FW Health reports SPS Health event type FW status. Manufacturing error. Wrong manufacturing configuration detected by ME Firmware. The Flash device must be replaced if the error is persistent. Status Code is 0. Management Engine - LUN#0 (Channel#1)
But same BMC FW Health event is also logged as it used do.
I also got a warning when updating the FRU file, saying headers don't match. Same as with previous reflash through WinPE.
Please advise. Thanks!