Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14596 Discussions

Excessive loading CPU i5 6600

aalex24
Beginner

Hello!

Recently acquired i5 6600 and motherboard b150m-a d3. It worked , but the processor does not reveal itself properly and in some games unnatural loaded 100% . With what it can be connected and how to fix it ?

Examples : Overwatch load of 80-90 % , with a program stream OBS 100% load and lag and the game , and stream . Have a friend on the 4690 and 3570 - the CPU load of not more than 60 % .

The same problem with Dark souls 3 .

And some games 2012-2015 year show downloads by 100%.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, AlexDeFenDeR :

• Are you using any particular setting for the games?
  • Could you please let us know the Intel® HD Graphics driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
aalex24
Beginner

Hello,Amy!

I used different graphics settings , but in any case there is too heavy load on the processor .

And at the expense of drivers , I have it turned off in the BIOS so that it does not load the processor .

Could there be a problem is that I am using ddr3 memory ? I know that Intel does not recommend the use of skylake processors ddr3, but the system is working? I'm afraid that if the problem is not the case, then I will spend the extra money for the purchase of the motherboard and DDR4 . Therefore, I do not want to exclude that the problem in a processor , or even in something .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, the recommended the memory for your processor is;

If you are running DDR3 that could be the source of the issue. Is there any chance you can run your motherboard with the memory specification mentioned above?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, AlexDeFenDeR :

Were you able to track this down?

Let me know your findings.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos