See the following URL to see if applies to your RAID issue:
Please make sure BIOS is set as RAID mode since you are not able to enter CTRL + I.
i have exactly the same problem :
- the boot system for a 2008 R2 is on 2 Drive 1To, RAID1
- the RAID1 is degraded, i remove the faulty drive and reboot: windows boot OK
- i shutdown, add a new drive, reboot, in bios i hit ctrl-i and add the new drive to raid1, bios said the rebuild will be done by windows
- i reboot: and windows begin to boot and then reboot (in safe mode, it reboot when loading classpnp.sys)
- i remove the new drive and reboot: windows boot OK
- i shutdown, add a new drive, reboot: windows boot OK
- i use intel matrix storage to add new drive in raid and rebuild raid: rebuild OK
- i reboot windows with the raid rebuilt: windows begin to boot and then reboot (in safe mode, it reboot when loading classpnp.sys)
- i remove the new drive, raid1 is degraded: reboot: windows boot OK
i dont know why, but when there is 2 drive in raid, windows wont boot
I have tried with 2 drives, and i swapped the cable and port , it does not change anything
all was working perfect, then one day the server reboot, and the 2 drives of raid1 was marked as "error occured(0)"
i removed one drive
under intel raid bios, i begin to remove the raid, get the confirmation option, i answer no, i get a message "clean volume", i answer yes.
and since this time, the server wont boot with 2 drives in raid