3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2010 12:56 PM by guruhb

DX58SO rear Esata

EmmGeeEmm

Hi folks. I need your help.

I got this board a little while ago and I must say, I can't figure out how to get the rear esata ports to work.  I have two esata devices I'd like to hook up to these.  First is a Startech Esata+USB docking station and second is a Thermaltake Muse R-Duo dual bay esata HDD enclosure.  I have a front panel connector thats using the sixth internal sata port header which incidentally works just fine with either device.  I'm running Win7 x64 with an i7 920.  I've read somewhere that these are Marvell based but I have no idea how to go about getting this driver installed and running.  Also, are there any particular settings in BIOS I need to be concerned about?  I saw a setting for esata but I only see 2 options, either RAID or IDE, I think.

In all I find it very confusing to have to "manually" make my board work.

Please help.  I really appreciate it.

• 1. Re: DX58SO rear Esata
          gregg

Works for me with native SATA case, no bridge like USB/eSATA uses, and definitely not port multiplier.

Also, they are bootable.

And I have not actually enabled or done anything - just latest BIOS and Windows 7 x64

• 2. Re: DX58SO rear Esata
            MisterIT

I hear that the esata ports on the back are not powered ones  - you'll need to supply power through the enclosure or through USB.... check enclosure documentation.

Intel Storage drivers: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=15251&ProdId=3018&lang=eng

(choose the last one for 64-bit drivers)

Not sure if you need to do anything else, but you MAY need to poke around in the BIOS for

an esata enable/disable feature.. (you may need to configure them as RAID - I don't really know, as I haven't tried esata,

nor found anything that describes enabling them beyond what I have said.)

Try installing the drivers, get a self-powered enclosure and try the eSATA ports before messing with the BIOS.

The ports may already be enabled.

• 3. Re: DX58SO rear Esata
              guruhb

Facing problem with rear eSATA with WD My Book external HDD connected with eSATA and i got some clue from

in "http://tinyurl.com/yar9b5m" (incompatibility of the Marvell eSATA controller and the chipset on the external hard drive).

I hope its not with any specific HDD connected to DX58SO using rear eSATA Ports.