Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD graphics 4600 can't remove black bars after win10 Update

FLege
Beginner

So when win10 came out i decided to upgrade my laptop and this bug was already here so after 7 month i decided to give it another try and i'm still stuck with the same problem.

So in any game i can't go to 4:3 without those black bars

I tried to to things like put the same resolution on windows as in your game but it's not working

use ctrl+alt+f11 but i makes me go back to windows and when i choose go to fullscreen nothing happens

I saw a post about some other people having this problem but they had an updated Intel HD Graphics and in their control panel, they had an option to Override Application Settings. However, I do not have any option saying this in my Control Panel for Intel HD Graphics.

So i'm stuck here with a nice win10 but i can't play any games anymore with the resolution i would like to have. The solution would be to go back to win 8.1 but it's kinda boring i already did that 7 month ago & i hoped this issue was patched since...

i have the intel graphics 4600 and an nvidia geforce gtx 765m i downloaded the latest intel drivers from the intel website and the ame with my nvidia drivers

my intel control panel looks like this :

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Try the following:

Uninstall both of your drivers, the Intel graphics driver, and the Nvidia driver, then install the Intel driver first and second the Nvidia driver.

You can download the latest Intel graphics driver at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25951/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]

I hope this can help you.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
FLege
Beginner

Still got the exact same issue impossible to stretch any 4/3 resolution 😕

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This is not an issue/bug; it is a feature that has not been enabled yet for Win10. This question has been addressed already, see the thread link below. The feature is still being developed.

/thread/77349 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77349

0 Kudos