13 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2016 7:18 AM by Intel Corporation

Updated edison-src

ryanstout

I know this has been discussed elsewhere, but that thread seems to have died, so I thought I would bring it up here.  It looks like the link to the edison-src file got pulled.  Any estimates on how long it will take to get the edison-src file for the newest release?  I'm working on a project and no since going through all of the work of getting it to run with the previous version (which looks to be way behind yocto's release schedule), if the new version is going to be out soon.  (Not complaining, just was hoping I can get an idea of time)

Thanks,

Ryan

• 1. Re: Updated edison-src
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi ryanstout,

We're aware about this, and we've been working on it. I know it has taken a lot of time, but hopefully the files will be available soon. Unfortunately I don't have an estimate date on when this will happen, so please be patient.

Regards,
          Diego

• 2. Re: Updated edison-src
            ryanstout

Diego,

Are you able to tell us why the hold up?  I'm just trying to decide if I should try to build with the available version or wait a few weeks.

Thanks,

Ryan

• 3. Re: Updated edison-src
              Intel Corporation

Hi ryanstout,

I'm not sure why it's taking so long since I'm not part of the team in charge of building the images. I recommend you to wait a couple of days (few weeks) if your project allows you to wait that time.

If I get any updates on this, I'll post them here.

Regards,
              Diego

• 4. Re: Updated edison-src
                AlexT_Intel

It seems like the sources are actually published as under "Sources – GPL/LGPL source files" link (the link didn't change since the original 3.0 release, just the file behind the link got changed).

From the looks of it, that should be the file we're all looking for, but could someone please confirm that?

• 5. Re: Updated edison-src
                  Intel Corporation

Hi AlexT_Intel,

I checked the link and indeed, it seems that those are the correct files.

Regards,
                  Diego

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Updated edison-src
                    egorf

I am unable to build this version due to an error in libmodbus. Have you had any success?

• 7. Re: Updated edison-src
                      Intel Corporation

Hi egorf,

Could you please share the error log?

Regards,
                      Diego

• 8. Re: Updated edison-src
                        egorf

For some reason I can't find a code tag, or at least make it foldable, sorry.

Here it is:

DEBUG: SITE files ['endian-little', 'bit-32', 'ix86-common', 'common-linux', 'common-glibc', 'i586-linux', 'common']

DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile

NOTE: make -j 8

make --no-print-directory all-recursive

Making all in src

make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.

Making all in doc

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_read_input_registers.txt

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_read_registers.txt

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_receive_confirmation.txt

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_receive.txt

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_reply_exception.txt

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_reply.txt

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_report_slave_id.txt

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_rtu_get_serial_mode.txt

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_rtu_set_serial_mode.txt

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_rtu_get_rts.txt

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_rtu_set_rts.txt

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_rtu_set_custom_rts.txt

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_rtu_get_rts_delay.txt

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_rtu_set_rts_delay.txt

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_send_raw_request.txt

a2x --doctype manpage --format manpage -alibmodbus_version=3.1.3 /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_set_bits_from_bytes.txt

a2x: ERROR: "xsltproc"  --stringparam callout.graphics 0 --stringparam navig.graphics 0 --stringparam admon.textlabel 1 --stringparam admon.graphics 0  "/etc/asciidoc/docbook-xsl/manpage.xsl" "/home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_set_bits_from_bytes.xml" returned non-zero exit status 5

Makefile:631: recipe for target 'modbus_set_bits_from_bytes.3' failed

make[2]: *** [modbus_set_bits_from_bytes.3] Error 1

make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

a2x: ERROR: "xsltproc"  --stringparam callout.graphics 0 --stringparam navig.graphics 0 --stringparam admon.textlabel 1 --stringparam admon.graphics 0  "/etc/asciidoc/docbook-xsl/manpage.xsl" "/home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_rtu_set_serial_mode.xml" returned non-zero exit status 5

Makefile:631: recipe for target 'modbus_rtu_set_serial_mode.3' failed

make[2]: *** [modbus_rtu_set_serial_mode.3] Error 1

a2x: ERROR: "xsltproc"  --stringparam callout.graphics 0 --stringparam navig.graphics 0 --stringparam admon.textlabel 1 --stringparam admon.graphics 0  "/etc/asciidoc/docbook-xsl/manpage.xsl" "/home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_rtu_get_rts_delay.xml" returned non-zero exit status 5

Makefile:631: recipe for target 'modbus_rtu_get_rts_delay.3' failed

make[2]: *** [modbus_rtu_get_rts_delay.3] Error 1

a2x: ERROR: "xsltproc"  --stringparam callout.graphics 0 --stringparam navig.graphics 0 --stringparam admon.textlabel 1 --stringparam admon.graphics 0  "/etc/asciidoc/docbook-xsl/manpage.xsl" "/home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_send_raw_request.xml" returned non-zero exit status 5

Makefile:631: recipe for target 'modbus_send_raw_request.3' failed

make[2]: *** [modbus_send_raw_request.3] Error 1

a2x: ERROR: "xsltproc"  --stringparam callout.graphics 0 --stringparam navig.graphics 0 --stringparam admon.textlabel 1 --stringparam admon.graphics 0  "/etc/asciidoc/docbook-xsl/manpage.xsl" "/home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/libmodbus-3.1.3/doc/modbus_rtu_set_custom_rts.xml" returned non-zero exit status 5

Makefile:631: recipe for target 'modbus_rtu_set_custom_rts.3' failed

make[2]: *** [modbus_rtu_set_custom_rts.3] Error 1

Makefile:488: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Makefile:373: recipe for target 'all' failed

make: *** [all] Error 2

ERROR: oe_runmake failed

WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/egor/image-v3.0/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160315/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libmodbus/3.1.3-r0/temp/log.do_compile.3612)

• 9. Re: Updated edison-src
                          egorf

Posted it above

• 10. Re: Updated edison-src
                            AlexT_Intel

Return code 5 means "error in the stylesheet". Which OS are you building it on?

• 11. Re: Updated edison-src
                              egorf

Hi!

I am using Ubuntu 15.10

I am not sure I understand what an error in the stylesheet means though.

• 12. Re: Updated edison-src
                                AlexT_Intel

The error essentially means xsltproc has encountered something in the stylesheet it uses in that failing command, which confused it.

It looks like your Ubuntu version is not on the officially supported distros list for Yocto 1.7.3, so such errors may happen. It worked fine for me on 12.04.

• 13. Re: Updated edison-src
                                  Intel Corporation

Hi egorf,

We were able to build the image with no errors on Ubuntu 14.04.

As AlexT mentioned, the issue might be caused by the Ubuntu version you are using. I recommend you to change the version, and to follow the steps in the README file.

Regards,
                                  Diego