Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

Screen flickering when cell phone 60-70cm away

JMeye91
Beginner

Hi,

in our office we have 2 PCs (one HP EliteDesk and one Lenovo ThinkCentre, both with an i5 6500) with the same screen flickering problems which seemed to be occuring randomly. Both having 2 screens connected via DisplayPort.

Yesterday i found a way to reproduce the flickering reliably with both PCs:

if I take my mobile and force it to use a 2G* connection and make a call (or let someone call me, doesn't matter) and put the mobile with an active call closer than ~70cm to the screen it starts flickering.

the closer i put the mobile to the screen the worse it gets (from flickering lightly to to going complete black).

*the mode which creates these buzzing noises in a speaker close to an mobile with an active call. 3G connections do not show this problem.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, @j_m:

So, the issue seems to be related to an external element. If you move the phone away, does your PC flicker?

0 Kudos
JMeye91
Beginner

Hi Amy,

it depends on the distance to the screens. the closer i put my mobile to them, the worse it gets.

the flickering starts if i put my active mobile closer then 60 to 70cm to the screens, further away is no problem.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

This can be addressed as en external issue, from your description the graphics controller and the Intel® HD Graphics driver are working fine, so the issue is regard to your phone not the graphics controller. Maybe it's just your phone and some kind of interference.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Closing this as HW issue. This is not related to Intel Graphics, please seek assistance from the OEM.

0 Kudos