7 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2016 1:31 PM by lhill

Intel Remote Keyboard - only mouse works

Jorgosw

Hi,

I'm using Intel Compute Stick, and i have Remote Keyboard installed. I find this application very useful, but i cannot use keyboard functionality. Mouse pointer works correctly, but when i start to type anything nothing is sent to my computer. Only what works is "return" key. I'm using default Android keyboard, and Swype, none of them works. My phone is Samsung S3 with Android 4.4.4. Can you give me any support how to make it working?

• 1. Re: Intel Remote Keyboard - only mouse works
          lhill

Hi Jorgosw,

We've not seen any other reports like what you're describing. Can you provide some additional details, so that we can try reproducing the problem:

- What version of the Host App do you have?

- What version of the Android mobile app do you have?

- Which Compute Stick model are you using?

- What operating system is installed on the Compute Stick?

Regards,

Lois

Intel Customer Support

• 2. Re: Intel Remote Keyboard - only mouse works
            intel_brat

Hi,

I too face the same issue. The mouse works but not the keyboard. Initially, both were working good.

-Host App Version - v1.8

-Phone App Version - 1.11 - April 14,2016

-Compute stick model  -  Intel® STK1AW32SC

-OS - Windows 10

Let me know if further information is required.

(Do we have a host app for ubuntu ? )

Thanks

Bharath

• 3. Re: Intel Remote Keyboard - only mouse works
              lhill

Hi,

I just ran a quick test and was not able to reproduce the issue - the keyboard is working just fine. So, let's take a deeper look at what the two of you have on your systems:

- Is this 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 10?

- What language Windows are you using? (mine's English)

- On your Android device, are you using any special keyboard layouts?

Thanks,

Lois

• 4. Re: Intel Remote Keyboard - only mouse works
                intel_brat

Hi Lois,

I tried reinstalling both the client and server applications. I am able to reproduce this issue again. I even tried with another android phone.

- Is this 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 10? - Its a 32 bit Windows factory installation

- What language Windows are you using? (mine's English) - English here as well

- On your Android device, are you using any special keyboard layouts? - No. I just have the default keyboard in portrait and landscape mode.

As I mentioned earlier, I was able to use the keyboard for a few days.

Thanks

Bharath

• 5. Re: Intel Remote Keyboard - only mouse works
                  lhill

Thanks for the additional info. I'll keep working with it for the next several days to see if it fails after a while.

• 6. Re: Intel Remote Keyboard - only mouse works
                    Jorgosw

Funny thing, since i wrote this topic it has started to work... I have this installed in my car so i couldn't check it earlier. Yesterday it worked, but mouse has big lags (more than 1s), today it worked correctly. I will let you know if i have any problems with this anymore. Actually now i have some issues with graphic card, but i think i should start another topic...

• 7. Re: Intel Remote Keyboard - only mouse works
                      lhill

Interesting that it would suddenly start working again. Thanks for letting me know.