Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Intel HD 5500 It does not support DirectX 12?

NPres3
Novice

I installed the game Forza Motorsport 6 Apex Beta but when I start saying "Detected unsupported GPU"

I know that this game requires only the DX 12, but the HD 5500 will receive support for DX 12 or not?

0 Kudos
27 Replies
AAli17
Beginner

nope its not supported .. intel hd 5500 support only direct x 11 ...

you need a dedicated graphic card in your laptop ..

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Intel should have pointed out that more clearly in the release notes of driver v4444, which reads only:

"We're also pleased to announce that this driver is ready to support Forza Motorsport 6: Apex* when the title launches."

The error message http://support.xbox.com/de-DE/error-code-lookup?code=AP203 AP203 reads:

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex has detected an unsupported graphics processing unit (GPU). A GPU with resource Binding Tier 2 is required to run this game.

Judging from wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_levels_in_Direct3D# Direct3D_12 Feature levels in Direct3D only Skylake supports that.

0 Kudos
NPres3
Novice

True, but I installed this driver yesterday and the error me from the same ...

yet in the change of .4444 driver in solved problems says "Driver may crash on Forza Motorsport 6: Apex game"

0 Kudos
NPres3
Novice

so there is no way to play this game on this intel chips? what bad luck

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nikola87,

Intel® 6gen Core™ processors (Skylake) support DirectX12 technology, previous version support up to 11.2.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
NPres3
Novice

thanks for the answer, then the HD 5500 if not mistaken is the 5th generation and does not support DX12 ...

but it knows if Intel adds support for DX12 also for this model?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nikola87,

There are hardware limitations on previous processors. 6gen processors already support it.

Mike C

0 Kudos
NPres3
Novice

Then I can uninstall Forza Motorsport 6 APEX is so useless to wait

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nikola87,

Your graphics card is still under support, so Intel will launch a newer driver soon. I suggest you to give a try to your game with the Beta driver .4444.

Mike C
0 Kudos
NPres3
Novice

Oh God, thank you very good news!

Searching on the web Intel details HD 5500, HD 6000 and Iris 6100 graphics | Digital Trends I have read on this site that the HD 5500 is ready to support DirectX 12, as can be seen from the image:

It's true?

So soon I hope that a new driver will add support.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nikola87,

I am working in your case. Could you please run and send me the results of Intel® System Support Utility and the report of Intel® HD Graphics control panel.

Intel® System Support Utility v2.0

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility?product=91600 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility?product=91600

Then, open Intel® HD Graphics control panel>Options & Support>Information Center and click save, keep the .txt in your desktop. Send me the file.

Mike C
0 Kudos
NPres3
Novice

Done files sent via private message let me know if you can help thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nikola87,

Sure, you can send me the files through private message. The answer will be published on this thread.

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nikola87,

I believe my inbox is blocking your email, please post it using this thread.

Mike C
0 Kudos
NPres3
Novice

In fact I had even noticed me something strange in your inbox.

Anyway I attached two files, let me know thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nikola87,

Let me get additional information from my upper manager. The official documentation says that HD 5500 supports DirectX 12. I will try to get an answer as soon as possible.

Mike
0 Kudos
NPres3
Novice

Thank you for your commitment I appreciate it, I look forward to your response.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

The missing tidbit with Broadwell is "ResourceBindingTier 2.0"

Check out C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Apex*\media\targethardwareprofiler.xml

0 Kudos
NPres3
Novice

Ok, I checked: <</em>Test Name="ResourceBindingTier" Failed="D3DResourceBindingTierFail" Min="2.0"/>

What can I do?

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Unfortunately we can't help ourselves.

The WindowsApps folder is heavily debug protected (owned by the "Trusted Installer") so you can't edit the file.

Either Intel will have to add that function to the driver if possible or Microsoft has to lower the requirements.

0 Kudos