1 Reply Latest reply on May 6, 2016 1:54 PM by Intel Corporation

Downloading a python program/script onto the Intel Edison Board

Melvin_Edwards_II

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to help me with my question.

I am having trouble downloading a python program that I wrote on notepad, into my board. Up to this point I know that the board has python in it already because I have used the python interpreter in PuTTY.

I am just having a hard time finding resources that show me how to get a python program that I wrote in notepad onto my board. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Melvin

• 1. Re: Downloading a python program/script onto the Intel Edison Board
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Melvin_Edwards_II,

You could write the Python script directly in the Edison's console using the Vi editor. Other option, that might be better, is to send the Python script through SSH. For this, you would have to set up the WiFi connection and assign a password to the Edison module. You can do this by running the command configure_edison --setup on the Edison's console.

Once the WiFi connection is set, you can use the software WinSCP to get connection to your Edison from your PC through SSH. This way you can send the Python script from your PC to the Edison module.

Regards,
          Diego