2 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2016 3:23 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC5i7RYH - Problems installing Win 7 Pro x64 from USB

Shaft1114

Hello,

just bought a Intel NUC NUC5i7RYH and a Samsung SSD 850 Evo 250GB. Now I am trying to install Windows 7 pro 64bit via ISO and USB stick. The Problem is that Windows is installing on the USB stick only since it cannot find the SSD. There is no choice given on which hard drive I want to install Windows. It immediately installing on USB.

Tried to follow the instructions as posted in another chat:

"Please access the BIOS and press F9 to set the BIOS to default settings then under devices click on the “SATA tab” and you will see the “Hard Disk Pre-Delay” set it to 5 and then press F10 to save all the changes, let the system to restart, then restart again and press F10 on your keyboard when you get the prompts and select the bootable device.

Once you get to the option where you want to install Windows I suggest to delete all partitions if there is any and make the hard drive unallocated, then install the operating system."

Thats not working either. Tried to copy the drivers on the same stick hoping windows might find the drivers and the SSD therrefore. Not working either. Tried to install a Windows 10 pro 64 Bit - not working.

Somebody an idea how to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.