5 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2016 10:24 AM by Zenit

Problem with starting up the "IntelProcessor Diagnostic Tool"

Zenit

Intel.png

Hello Intel Forum,

I have a problem running the "IntelProcessor Diagnostic Tool" - 64bit. Which can be seen and downloaded from here:  Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

I installed the software a couple of days ago, ran a few tests - looked a little around - and closed it down in order to do some more investigation and tests later.

But unfortunately, when I try to run the application now I get an error message. The above screen dump shows the pop up that shows up, when trying to start it up. The text is in Danish, but in the main terms this is what is published:

"A not finished exception" or "Adverse incident" has shown up! - "Data for the "Counter Name" cannot be read, because there was read an invalid index in the registration database"

It's very difficult to translate this message to English, mainly because I believe the text is already a not so well translation from English to Danish.

However - I hope this and especially the rest of the text in the message (copy& pasted below) gives the needed info to understand what it all is about!

I have tried to uninstall reinstall without any luck - and I have been cleaning up the registry after the uninstall process was performed - using CCleaner. But no luck!

I'm in a process of OC'ing my system and between the installation og the application and my attempt to start it up again, I have of coarse made some adjustments in the BIOS - but I believe this should not be the reason for this application to behave like this. But I'd just tell about it - in case I'm wrong!

I have been searching online for a solution, but without any hits - I only found info about the actual usage of the application!

Thanks for any reply - it would be highly appreciated!

Klaus Peter Caspersen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Se slutningen af denne meddelelse, hvis du vil have detaljer om,
      hvordan du starter JIT-fejlfinding i stedet for denne dialogboks.

************** Undtagelsestekst **************
      System.InvalidOperationException: Data for tællernavnet kan ikke indlæses, fordi der blev læst et ugyldigt indeks '' fra registreringsdatabasen.
         ved System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)
         ved System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()
         ved System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
         ved System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)
         ved System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
         ved System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
         ved System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.EndInit()
         ved Win_IPDT.Form1.InitializeComponent()
         ved Win_IPDT.Form1..ctor()
         ved Win_IPDT.SPBC_Form.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
         ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
         ved System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
         ved System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
         ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
         ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
         ved System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
         ved System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
         ved System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Indlæste assemblies **************
      mscorlib
          Assemblyversion: 4.0.0.0
          Win32-version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
          CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
      ----------------------------------------
      Win-IPDT64
          Assemblyversion: 3.0.0.25
          Win32-version: 3.0.0.25
          CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Intel%20Corporation/Intel%20Processor%20Diagnostic%20Tool%2064bit/Win-IPDT64.exe
      System.Numerics
          Win32-version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
      System.Windows.Forms
          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
      System
          Win32-version: 4.6.1075.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
      System.Drawing
          Win32-version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
      System.Xml
          Win32-version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
      System.Management
          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
      System.Configuration
          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
      System.Core
          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
      mscorlib.resources
          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_da_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
      Accessibility
          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
      System.resources
          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_da_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll
      System.Windows.Forms.resources
          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_da_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** JIT-fejlfinding **************
      Hvis du vil aktivere JIT-fejlfinding, skal værdien jitDebugging indstilles
      i afsnittet system.windows.forms i konfigurationsfilen
      for programmet eller computeren.
      Programmet skal desuden kompileres med fejlfinding
      aktiveret.

Eksempel:

<configuration>
          <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
      </configuration>

Når JIT-fejlfinding er aktiveret, bliver alle ikke-afviklede
      undtagelser sendt til den JIT-fejlfindingsfunktion, der er registreret på computeren, i stedet for
      at blive afviklet af denne dialogboks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------