0 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2016 3:18 PM by mark_h_@intel

Intel NUC is the Central Brain on this Boat

mark_h_@intel

I love how versatile Intel NUCs are. Check out this Intel collaboration. An Intel Core i7-based NUC is the central 'brain' on the 100-foot racing trimaran MACIF. What a beautiful boat.

160329MACIF_2JML8629.jpg

Intel announced that it is continuing a partnership with French skipper Francois Gabart and his new 100-foot racing trimaran MACIF. Gabart is participating in the Transat bakerly, a legendary 3,000 mile solo race across the North Atlantic from Plymouth, U.K. to New York City that started today. In addition to racing throughout the coming year, Gabart will be attempting to set new world records with the MACIF, which was designed with the help of Intel technology and includes an Intel Core i7-based NUC as the central 'brain' on the boat. Intel researchers also collaborated on a special on-board binaural communication system. Intel has been working with Gabart over the last few years and will be working to expand his use of Intel technology on the new boat during the coming year.

More at Intel and French Skipper Francois Gabart Team up with Trimaran MACIF | Intel Newsroom

Mark Hanna

iamintel