1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2016 11:12 AM by Intel Corporation

NUC5i5RYH startup randomly

Patele72

My NUC 5i5RYH after being down correctly restarts randomly . I have already turned off by both the operating system ( Windows 10 ) that the bios WOL , I removed all USB devices and network cable but the problem persists forever. I also updated the bios and put the dafault values . In bios I disabled the wake from S5 and the IR device without result. Ultimate test in testing and disable ASPM support but do not know if it can be the cause. the system goes into power off and hibernation is not enabled . From the windows system events it does not detect anything . It may be a hardware problem ?
      Greetings

• 1. Re: NUC5i5RYH startup randomly
          N.Scott.Pearson

Make sure you are on the latest BIOS. In the Power menu, make sure that After Power Failure and Wake on LAN from S4/S5 are both set to Stay Off. Also in the Power menu, make sure that Intel Read Mode Technology, Wake System from S5, Wake from S4 and S5 via CIR and USB S4/S5 Power are all unchecked. You could also try, within the Devices menu and USB tab, setting the Portable Device Charging Mode to Off.

That should be it; that should leave only the power button as a start method. I have not seen a hardware problem that could cause this; it is usually a BIOS issue...

Hope this helps,

...S

• 2. Re: NUC5i5RYH startup randomly
            Patele72

Thank you for the information, the parameters that you mentioned are those that I set , unfortunately I do not have much time these days for testing and to respond quickly . This morning I joined in the bios to make an screeshoot interested screens and noticed that some parameters had returned cheched , among other things coming out of the bios it was being asked to save the values (though I have not changed them ) of course I have not saved because at the time the problem did not appear . This behavior , however, seems not normal . However I have already updated again in recent days , the bios to the latest version . I'll run a test putting the values as recommended , save and then return to the bios to see how they are displayed. I put the two interested screens

bios5.jpgbios6.jpg

• 3. Re: NUC5i5RYH startup randomly
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hi Patele72,

Have you tested with Scott’s recommendations?
              After changing aspects on the BIOS make sure you save the modifications.
              Please let us know the outcome.

Regards,
              Hellen.

• 4. Re: NUC5i5RYH startup randomly
                Patele72

After more than a week with The setup that I posted the problem recurred , compared with the parameters that I posted earlier I removed the check from cir wake , but the problem is not solved. Today, my wife has noticed that after hitting the mouse the pc is started , both the mouse and keyboard are bluetooth , keyboard , however, turns itself off when the PC is turned off and I have to manually re-enable it when I turn on the PC , the mouse instead No. I removed the batteries to the mouse and connected with one thread, the PC has been switched off , but I noticed that when I turn on the keyboard the PC starts , so it's a problem with the bluettoth that starts the PC when it receives a signal from the peripheral associated , in the bios can not find parameters about it .

Help!!!

Regards,

Pat.

• 5. Re: NUC5i5RYH startup randomly
                  N.Scott.Pearson

This is *not* the NUCs fault. You have a couple of choices:

1. Put up with the NUC restarting (it *will* go to and stay sleep eventually).
                  2. Disable Bluetooth support in the BIOS (but understand that this means that the Bluetooth keyboard/mouse cannot be used to wake the NUC).
                  3. Get better Bluetooth devices that support sleep better and do not constantly send information to the device.

Sorry I didn't have a better answer...

...S

• 6. Re: NUC5i5RYH startup randomly
                    Patele72

I do not agree that it is not a bios issue. The keyboard is Sony the mouse is Microsoft , both of the devices start the computer when they are started . If I deactivate the device from bios I can not ' use bluetooth devices unless we put an additional bluetooth dongle . I have not understood his first statement my English is really bad and I apologize , however, the PC will not go into sleep or hibernation but is turned off

Regards,

Pat.

• 7. Re: NUC5i5RYH startup randomly
                      Intel Corporation

Hi Patele72,

Please provide the following information to better understand:
                      What is Your BIOS version?
                      Could you please tell me the model of your Mouse and Keyboard?

I suggest you to install all Windows® updates, also, you can take a look at this document you can find more information, about the wake-up devices and events for your NUC in this Technical Product Information, page 34.
                      http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/NUC5i5RYB_NUC5i3RYB_TechProdSpec03.pdf

Regards,
                      Hellen.

• 8. Re: NUC5i5RYH startup randomly
                        Patele72

Attached are pictures that provides some information of my bios . The keyboard is Sony model . CECH - ZKB1IT and mause and Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse model 1679. The operating system is updated . I read the document and the device should not be located in the states s3 , s4 and s5 . I found nothing of wake-up from bluetooth .

Redards,

Pat

bios7.jpgbios8.jpg

• 9. Re: NUC5i5RYH startup randomly
                          Intel Corporation

Hi Patele72,

I tried to replicate this case, but it works fine to me; the Intel® NUC didn’t wake up.
                          System Configuration:
                          NUC5i5RYH
                          Logitech K810      
                          Logitech M185

Just to corroborate, if you turn off the NUC and unplug the USB keyboard and mouse controller, does your NUC turn on? When you access the BIOS does your Bluetooth Keyboard works?

Regards,
                          Hellen.

• 10. Re: NUC5i5RYH startup randomly
                            Patele72

Hi Hellen,

the bluetooth devices do not work in the bios . Rereading some news on the states S4 and S5 , I have the impression when the computer is turned off it goes in the state S5 ( G2 ) this happens in random situations . This is the only state that allows you to wake the computer from a device when it is off ( in part), unfortunately there isn't a light that indicates this state . The oddity is that the pairing of Bluetooth devices is done in the operating system , and I believe this information is not available in the bios . Unfortunately it is a very strange situation , I have now replaced the mouse and the problem has not occurred .
                            Greetings
                            Pat

• 11. Re: NUC5i5RYH startup randomly
                              Intel Corporation

Hi patele72,

Let’s see how this new mouse works with the NUC, as you said this situation is really weird. Please let me know if this issue comes up again.

Regards,
                              Hellen.

• 12. Re: NUC5i5RYH startup randomly
                                Patele72

With the mouse bluetooth not the problem it was not resubmitted because it is related to bluetooth devices . I did other tests with bluetooth keyboard , and in some cases after I turned off the computer , if I turned on the keyboard also the pc started , so the problem is not solved but I only found a way to not get it started accidentally.

Regards,

Pat

• 13. Re: NUC5i5RYH startup randomly
                                  Intel Corporation

Hi Patele72,

Follow these steps and please let me know the outcome.

- Right click over the windows logo
                                  - Click device manager
                                  - Open Bluetooth Devices
                                  - Right click over Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®- click Properties
                                  - In Power Management unchecked the option ‘allow this device to wake the computer’, and  let me know the outcome.

Regards,
                                  Hellen.

• 14. Re: NUC5i5RYH startup randomly
                                    Patele72

Immagine.jpg

This is the actual configuration

Regards,

Pat.

1 2 Previous Next