Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
Thank you for the information on the OS. have you tried the latest drivers provided by your computer manufacturer? Intel recommends to take this action first as the Original Equipement Manufacturer (OEM) drivers are designed to meet the requirements of your system.
As for the driver update, the version 18.40.0 is the package and the drivers will be 18.33.1 or 18.33.2. You are welcome to check this information right here: Information on Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Driver Versions by OS - just expand the option that says Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software 18.40.0 driver verions
If after using the OEM drivers you notice the issue still exists, we recommend a clean installation of our generic drivers, This is how you can do it:
1. Download and save Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows®10 - File name: Wireless_18.40.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
6. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
Additionally, we recommend to contact your computer manufacturer and check if they have anabled this feature. This wake from hibernate is done only once at the ende od extende hours. Please check this link for further information: Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Smart Connect Technology
We haven't heard from you fo a while so we were wondering if the troubleshooting steps sent previously helped you to resolve the situation. Please let us as soon as you can if you still need our assistance.