Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel (R) Centrino(R) Wireless- N1020 # 2 driver wont install update

TPaik
Beginner

My WiFi wont work when I go into Device manager it says its not working windows cant load drivers required for this device. I have downloaded driver update to my laptop I am then prompted to restart computer so the updates can be installed. Thats as far as it gets and it wont install. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
idata
Employee

kmkj01,

Before we go any further, could please let us know what is your OS version?
0 Kudos
TPaik
Beginner
0 Kudos
TPaik
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kmkj01,

Do you recall any system changes such as recent Windows* updates and/or possible changes on the antivirus and firewall security settings that could be keeping the drivers from installing?

Where are you installing the drivers from?

Have you consulted with the computer manufacturer if there is any system security settings that might be impacting the download?

Please let us know all that in order for us to move on into the next step.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kmkj01,

We haven't heard from you since our last interaction. We were wondering if you still need our assistance. Please let us know as soon as you.
0 Kudos
TPaik
Beginner

Yes updates are done automatically it may have something to do with the firewall. I will try sort that out first then come back to you if that fails.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kmkj01,

All right, please let us know as soon as you have tried. We will be looking forward to hearing from you soon.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kmkj01,

It has been a while seen we last heard from you. We would like to know if you still need our support. Please let us know as soon as possible.
0 Kudos
TPaik
Beginner

I have sorted out the firewall issue and now I have update my driver but it wont install!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kmkj01,

Have you consulted with the computer manufacturer as indicated previously? There might be a chance that your system may have restrictions applied by the manufacturer. Let us know what error message you get you try to install it.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
TPaik
Beginner

It was already installed on my laptop its not working as it needs to update. Ive downloaded update but it wont install it says it has and that I need to reboot. When I reboot it says the same thing all over again!

I have read on another thread that another person had the same issue. That person installed it manually I dont know how to do that otherwise I would of.

Can you please advise....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kmkj01,

Please, rest assured it is our pleasure to assist you. Before we go any further, could you please confirm the name of your wireless adapter? You can find this information in Control Panel >> Device Manager >> Wireless Adapter and then click on it to expand in order to see the full name of the adapter. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kmkj01,

We haven't heard from you since our last reply to you so we would like to know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
TPaik
Beginner

Hi Aleki,

It doesn't say Wireless Adapter in the menu. It says Network Adapter is this the info you are after?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kmkj01,

When you reach that option, all you have to do is to click on the little arrow to expand so you can see the name of the adapter. Take a look at the illustration below so you can have an idea of what we are looking for.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
TPaik
Beginner

So it is Network Adapter your after.

Under Network Adapters we have the following:

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) # 2

which has an error symbol next to it.

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) # 2

Intel(R) Centrino (R) Wireles-N 1030 # 2

also has an error message

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller # 2

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kmkj01,

Could you please be so kind and provide us the exact error message you are getting?

Where are you getting the drivers from? It is important to check with your http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html computer manufacturer if they didn't add any restriction regarding driver updates as some manufacturers may restrict updates from other sources that are not in their support page.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
TPaik
Beginner

I go into Device manager it says its not working windows cant load drivers required for this device. I have downloaded driver update to my laptop I am then prompted to restart computer so the updates can be installed. Thats as far as it gets and it wont install.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kmkj01,

We need to know the exact error message you are getting before you start your system. We also need to know the correct name of the adapter as we don't have an Intel® Wireless Adapter with the nomenclature informed. If you are talking about the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-1030. we would like to inform you that this specific product has reached end of interactive support on September 16th, 2016. You are welcome to check this online advisory for further information on this particular matter: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006507.html Customer Support Options for Discontinued Intel® Wireless Products

We recommend to contact your computer manufacturer for additional support. You may find the computer manufacturer contact information through this link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

Best regard,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kmkj01,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos