Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

i7 Skylake 6700K / KFA2 Infin8 GTX970 Low Fps GAMING

MLoom
Beginner

So I've just updated my build to the following..

- i7 Skylake 6700K

- KFA2 Infin8 GTX970

- MSI Z170A-G45 Gaming Motherboard

- 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

- Corsair H100i GTX Watercooler

- Kingston HyperX 125GB SSD [WITH STEAM / CSGO INSTALLED]

- 2TB Seagate Internal

And with CSGO on low and launch options on I'm only really getting around 170FPS..

Launch Options: -novid -tickrate 128 -language english -fullscreen +mat_queue_mode 2 -high -nojoy -threads 8 -nod3d9ex +cl_forcepreload 1

I'm not great with overclocking etc but using MSI Afterburner it's showing my CPU is at like 70+% and my GFX card is only around 40-50% both relatively cool with my GFX only at around 40c..

Any help would be massively appreciated and I have a feeling its something stupid and small but I'm not great with this..

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FHeik
New Contributor II

Since your question is directly game-related, I'd suggest you post in the respective forum of the game's publisher.

This forum serves the purpose to address Intel CPU-related problems. If you suspect your issue to be CPU-related, you'll have to be more specific about it. According to the readings you posted, CPU utilization is at around 70%, which means the CPU isn't creating any performance bottleneck whatsoever.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, FeeeroX:

Please stay with your other thread /thread/101662 https://communities.intel.com/thread/101662.

Regards,

Amy.
0 Kudos