Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20688 Discussions

Is it possible to install the Intel HD Graphics 520 driver on Windows Server 2012 R2?

ABerk
Beginner

I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 7568 which comes with a CPU that has an integrated Intel HD Graphics 520 video card and Windows 10. I replaced the default OS with a clean installation of Windows Server 2012 R2 I purchased. on the laptop. By default the Microsoft Basic Display Driver was installed which is horrible because it won't let me lower the screen resolution.

I was unable to install the graphics driver. The installer errors and returns a message saying that the operating system does not meet the minimum requirements.

The drivers I saw online are for Windows 7/8/8.1/10, essentially all the recent versions of Windows. Windows Server 2012 R2 is also recent so I did not think this would be a problem.

My question is there a way to install the driver on Windows Server 2012 R2?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi aberk,

Intel® HD Graphics 520 was created for home and small business purposes, the drivers available are for Windows® 7/8.0/8.1 and 10 only. In your case it is necessary to use generic drivers provided with OS.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos