Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

cannot instal Intel WiDi

idata
Employee

Hi am using Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series and i want to instal Inel WiDi on my laptop. WiDi comaptibility Tool Checker says it is compatible but while i install Intel WiDi on my laptop it fails because of my Dell Wireless Driver. So can i install any other intel wireless driver instead of my Dell Wireless Driver???

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Upalendu_Sen,

Technically, you can install our generic drivers, however, some computer manufacturer may install proprietary drivers as the default drivers that can't be uninstalled or does not allow other drivers to be installed that don't belong to them.

The reason for this is that most of the time, computer manufacturers may adapt the drivers by adding custom configurations that are not present in our generic drivers in order to be fully compatible with the system it was meant to be installed.

Our first recommendation at this point is for you to contact them and check that with them first. Once you have done that, please let us know so we can rule that out and move on into the next step in order to help you with this inconvenience. Here in this link, you may find your computer manufacturer contact Information: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites.

We are looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible or at your earliest convenience.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Upalendu_Sen,

It has been a while since you first interacted with us so, we would like to know if you have any other questions or doubts about Intel® WiDi. Please let us know at your earliest convenience.
0 Kudos