Thank you for the clarification, in this case, that you informed in your previous post that after using the drivers indicated by Lenovo* you notice the issue still persists, you are welcome to try a clean installation of the drivers. You can use our generic drivers found in our donwload center.
However, before you do this procedure, have tried this particular computer with other routers to see if it will connect with no further issues?
Here is how you can proceed with the clean installation:
1. Download and save Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 - driver version: 18.40.0 file name : Wireless_18.40.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
6. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
We haven't heard from you in a while. We would like to know if you still want us to continue working with you on this situation. Please let us know as soon as possible.
Sorry for not replying, but I got direct help from Intel customer support. I downloaded a new driver, and that solved the problem. It turned out that the driver that Lenovo gives with the new PC and the Intel adapter, is not an Intel software, and that may have caused the problem.
It is useful information probably for a lot of people, who are currently buying Lenovo Yoga 500.
Thank you for being so supportive! I did not get any help at al from Lenovo, or the shop where I bought the pc.
Thanks for your time to let us know the issue has been resolved. You are very welcome. Should you ever need our assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be more than glad to assist you.