11 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2016 2:00 PM by Intel Corporation

upload code or configure over WiFi to Intel Edison

IoT_srinivas

Hi ,

I Want to use our own cloud .My idea is i want control the things using cloud server and cloud server.

Intel Edsion  board is connected to Wi-Fi. I Want to upload the Arduino code or firmware or configuration or Image without using Arduino IDE on Ubuntu.

Please provide the details steps for above requirements as earliest.

Thank for your support.

• 1. Re: upload code or configure over WiFi to Intel Edison
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello IoT_srinivas,

Something similar to what you'd like to achieve can be done by connecting through SSH to your board. I mean, you will have to rely on scripts (C, C++, Python, etc.) instead of Arduino sketches but if you connect to your Edison through SSH you will be able to interact with the Linux side of your board. That combined to system services (https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-111103) can achieve a very powerful tool to use your Edison remotely. With SSH you can connect to your board from your local network and from anywhere (if you configure your router like explained in http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/can-ssh-be-used-to-access-computers-on-different-networks.858292/).

Let me know if this options helps you.

Peter.

• 2. Re: upload code or configure over WiFi to Intel Edison
            IoT_srinivas

Hi ,

I Want to use our own cloud .My idea is i want control the things using cloud server and Edison board.

Intel Edsion  board is connected to Wi-Fi. I Want to upload the Arduino code or firmware or configuration or Image without using Arduino IDE on Ubuntu.

Please provide the details steps for above requirements as earliest.

Thank for your support.

• 3. Re: upload code or configure over WiFi to Intel Edison
              IoT_srinivas

Hi ,

I Have code on Arduino Edison and it is running on MQTT IoT Protocol. Edison is communicated sensor and Sending sensor data to Cloud Server. I was able to send and receive the data to cloud and Edison.

My Question is i want reconfigure the threshold values of sensor for example temperature sensor range Low and High can be reconfigured on edsion based on received data on Edison.

Is there any to implement this scenario.

Thank for your support.

• 4. Re: upload code or configure over WiFi to Intel Edison
                Intel Corporation

Another way to do this would be to compile the code and send it remotely to your Edison. Or you could have multiple sketches (https://communities.intel.com/message/376233) and run them remotely. This way you would also have to use SSH but on a slightly different way.

Peter.

• 5. Re: upload code or configure over WiFi to Intel Edison
                  IoT_srinivas

Hi ,

I did not get the proper response.

My question is Lm35 is connected to Intel Edison.

Temp Sensor is  sending the Temp data for every one sec but i want to configure temp sensor  value on cloud.

My idea is instead  Temp data sending for every one 1 sec. when Temp change in (1 or 2 degree configured at cloud ) only we will get the data from sensor.

Configuration changes will reflect on Intel Edison board.

cloud is rabbit mq or thingspeak or amazon (aws).

Temp : Temperature .

My question i want to dynamically configure the vale for any sensor. If I set the value 2 deg  at cloud .I will get Temp data when change in 2 degree (deg) only.

I think is it possible with java script .

Please provide the details . I  we can resolve the above problem.

• 6. Re: upload code or configure over WiFi to Intel Edison
                    IoT_srinivas

1079 silly gunzTarPerm extractEntry README.md

1080 silly gentlyRm /home/root/node_modules/.staging/cylon-i2c-8f057016/node_modules is being purged

1081 verbose gentlyRm don't care about contents; nuking /home/root/node_modules/.staging/cylon-i2c-8f057016/node_modules

1082 silly gentlyRm /home/root/node_modules/.staging/mraa-5184ce90/node_modules is being purged

1083 verbose gentlyRm don't care about contents; nuking /home/root/node_modules/.staging/mraa-5184ce90/node_modules

1084 silly doParallel preinstall 9

1085 silly preinstall cylon@1.3.0 /home/root/node_modules/.staging/cylon-c061c581

1086 info lifecycle cylon@1.3.0~preinstall: cylon@1.3.0

1087 silly preinstall mraa@1.0.0 /home/root/node_modules/.staging/mraa-5184ce90

1088 info lifecycle mraa@1.0.0~preinstall: mraa@1.0.0

1089 silly preinstall cylon-gpio@0.29.0 /home/root/node_modules/.staging/cylon-gpio-c11d5718

1090 info lifecycle cylon-gpio@0.29.0~preinstall: cylon-gpio@0.29.0

1091 silly preinstall cylon-i2c@0.26.1 /home/root/node_modules/.staging/cylon-i2c-8f057016

1092 info lifecycle cylon-i2c@0.26.1~preinstall: cylon-i2c@0.26.1

1093 silly preinstall cylon-intel-iot@0.12.0 /home/root/node_modules/.staging/cylon-intel-iot-70f24255

1094 info lifecycle cylon-intel-iot@0.12.0~preinstall: cylon-intel-iot@0.12.0

1095 silly preinstall jsupm_lm35@0.7.0 /home/root/node_modules/.staging/jsupm_lm35-e6efd898

1096 info lifecycle jsupm_lm35@0.7.0~preinstall: jsupm_lm35@0.7.0

1097 silly preinstall noble@1.5.0 /home/root/node_modules/.staging/noble-19c5ad03

1098 info lifecycle noble@1.5.0~preinstall: noble@1.5.0

1099 silly preinstall node@0.0.0 /home/root/node_modules/.staging/node-abce6b32

1100 info lifecycle node@0.0.0~preinstall: node@0.0.0

1101 silly preinstall node-dht-sensor@0.0.11 /home/root/node_modules/.staging/node-dht-sensor-28994d16

1102 info lifecycle node-dht-sensor@0.0.11~preinstall: node-dht-sensor@0.0.11

1103 silly lifecycle cylon@1.3.0~preinstall: no script for preinstall, continuing

1104 silly lifecycle mraa@1.0.0~preinstall: no script for preinstall, continuing

1105 silly lifecycle cylon-gpio@0.29.0~preinstall: no script for preinstall, continuing

1106 silly lifecycle cylon-i2c@0.26.1~preinstall: no script for preinstall, continuing

1107 silly lifecycle cylon-intel-iot@0.12.0~preinstall: no script for preinstall, continuing

1108 silly lifecycle jsupm_lm35@0.7.0~preinstall: no script for preinstall, continuing

1109 silly lifecycle noble@1.5.0~preinstall: no script for preinstall, continuing

1110 silly lifecycle node@0.0.0~preinstall: no script for preinstall, continuing

1111 warn lifecycle node-dht-sensor@0.0.11~preinstall: cannot run in wd %s %s (wd=%s) node-dht-sensor@0.0.11 ./preinst /home/root/node_modules/.staging/node-dht-sensor-28994d16

1112 silly doReverseSerial remove 0

1113 silly doSerial move 0

1114 silly doSerial finalize 9

1115 silly finalize /home/root/node_modules/cylon

1116 silly finalize /home/root/node_modules/mraa

1117 silly finalize /home/root/node_modules/cylon-gpio

1118 silly finalize /home/root/node_modules/cylon-i2c

1119 silly finalize /home/root/node_modules/cylon-intel-iot

1120 silly finalize /home/root/node_modules/jsupm_lm35

1121 silly finalize /home/root/node_modules/noble

1122 silly finalize /home/root/node_modules/node

1123 silly finalize /home/root/node_modules/node-dht-sensor

1124 silly doSerial build 9

1125 silly build cylon@1.3.0

1126 info linkStuff cylon@1.3.0

1127 silly linkStuff cylon@1.3.0 has /home/root/node_modules as its parent node_modules

1128 verbose linkBins cylon@1.3.0

1129 verbose linkMans cylon@1.3.0

1130 silly build mraa@1.0.0

1131 info linkStuff mraa@1.0.0

1132 silly linkStuff mraa@1.0.0 has /home/root/node_modules as its parent node_modules

1133 verbose linkBins mraa@1.0.0

1134 verbose linkMans mraa@1.0.0

1135 silly build cylon-gpio@0.29.0

1136 info linkStuff cylon-gpio@0.29.0

1137 silly linkStuff cylon-gpio@0.29.0 has /home/root/node_modules as its parent node_modules

1138 verbose linkBins cylon-gpio@0.29.0

1139 verbose linkMans cylon-gpio@0.29.0

1140 silly build cylon-i2c@0.26.1

1141 info linkStuff cylon-i2c@0.26.1

1142 silly linkStuff cylon-i2c@0.26.1 has /home/root/node_modules as its parent node_modules

1143 verbose linkBins cylon-i2c@0.26.1

1144 verbose linkMans cylon-i2c@0.26.1

1145 silly build cylon-intel-iot@0.12.0

1146 info linkStuff cylon-intel-iot@0.12.0

1147 silly linkStuff cylon-intel-iot@0.12.0 has /home/root/node_modules as its parent node_modules

1148 verbose linkBins cylon-intel-iot@0.12.0

1149 verbose linkMans cylon-intel-iot@0.12.0

1150 silly build jsupm_lm35@0.7.0

1151 info linkStuff jsupm_lm35@0.7.0

1152 silly linkStuff jsupm_lm35@0.7.0 has /home/root/node_modules as its parent node_modules

1153 verbose linkBins jsupm_lm35@0.7.0

1154 verbose linkMans jsupm_lm35@0.7.0

1155 silly build noble@1.5.0

1156 info linkStuff noble@1.5.0

1157 silly linkStuff noble@1.5.0 has /home/root/node_modules as its parent node_modules

1158 verbose linkBins noble@1.5.0

1159 verbose linkMans noble@1.5.0

1160 silly build node@0.0.0

1161 info linkStuff node@0.0.0

1162 silly linkStuff node@0.0.0 has /home/root/node_modules as its parent node_modules

1163 verbose linkBins node@0.0.0

1164 verbose linkMans node@0.0.0

1165 silly build node-dht-sensor@0.0.11

1166 info linkStuff node-dht-sensor@0.0.11

1167 silly linkStuff node-dht-sensor@0.0.11 has /home/root/node_modules as its parent node_modules

1168 verbose linkBins node-dht-sensor@0.0.11

1169 verbose linkMans node-dht-sensor@0.0.11

1170 silly doSerial global-link 0

1171 silly doParallel update-linked 0

1172 silly doSerial install 9

1173 silly install cylon@1.3.0 /home/root/node_modules/.staging/cylon-c061c581

1174 info lifecycle cylon@1.3.0~install: cylon@1.3.0

1175 silly lifecycle cylon@1.3.0~install: no script for install, continuing

1176 silly install mraa@1.0.0 /home/root/node_modules/.staging/mraa-5184ce90

1177 info lifecycle mraa@1.0.0~install: mraa@1.0.0

1178 verbose lifecycle mraa@1.0.0~install: unsafe-perm in lifecycle false

1179 verbose lifecycle mraa@1.0.0~install: PATH: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/bin/node-gyp-bin:/home/root/node_modules/mraa/node_modules/.bin:/home/root/node_modules/.bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

1180 verbose lifecycle mraa@1.0.0~install: CWD: /home/root/node_modules/mraa

1181 silly lifecycle mraa@1.0.0~install: Args: [ '-c', 'node-gyp rebuild' ]

1182 silly lifecycle mraa@1.0.0~install: Returned: code: 1  signal: null

1183 info lifecycle mraa@1.0.0~install: Failed to exec install script

1184 verbose unlock done using /home/root/.npm/_locks/staging-7b48b93fac14577c.lock for /home/root/node_modules/.staging

1185 silly rollbackFailedOptional Starting

1186 silly rollbackFailedOptional Finishing

1187 silly runTopLevelLifecycles Starting

1188 silly runTopLevelLifecycles Finishing

1189 silly install printInstalled

1190 warn optional Skipping failed optional dependency /noble/xpc-connection:

1191 warn notsup Not compatible with your operating system or architecture: xpc-connection@0.1.4

1192 warn enoent ENOENT, open '/home/root/package.json'

1193 warn root No description

1194 warn root No repository field.

1195 warn root No README data

1196 warn root No license field.

1197 verbose stack Error: mraa@1.0.0 install: `node-gyp rebuild`

1197 verbose stack Exit status 1

1197 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/lifecycle.js:245:16)

1197 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)

1197 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/spawn.js:24:14)

1197 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:98:17)

1197 verbose stack     at maybeClose (child_process.js:766:16)

1197 verbose stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:833:5)

1198 verbose pkgid mraa@1.0.0

1199 verbose cwd /home/root

1200 error Linux 3.10.17-poky-edison+

1201 error argv "node" "/usr/bin/npm" "install" "jsupm_lm35"

1202 error node v0.10.35

1203 error npm  v3.8.9

1204 error code ELIFECYCLE

1205 error mraa@1.0.0 install: `node-gyp rebuild`

1205 error Exit status 1

1206 error Failed at the mraa@1.0.0 install script 'node-gyp rebuild'.

1206 error Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.

1206 error If you do, this is most likely a problem with the mraa package,

1206 error not with npm itself.

1206 error Tell the author that this fails on your system:

1206 error     node-gyp rebuild

1206 error You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:

1206 error     npm bugs mraa

1206 error Or if that isn't available, you can get their info via:

1206 error     npm owner ls mraa

1206 error There is likely additional logging output above.

1207 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

• 7. Re: upload code or configure over WiFi to Intel Edison
                      Intel Corporation

I believe an approach similar to what you would like to do is to use Intel's Cloud Analytics. Why don't you check the following guide to see if it works for you?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-iot-platforms-getting-started-cloud-analytics

Peter.

• 8. Re: upload code or configure over WiFi to Intel Edison
                        IoT_srinivas

Hi Peter and Team ,

We already tried this.This is not use full to me .

I want change sensor setting on run time on Edison board.

Please do need full.

• 9. Re: upload code or configure over WiFi to Intel Edison
                          Intel Corporation

Hi IoT_srinivas,

Could you please be a little bit more specific, why does this does not work for you? How exactly would you like to change the settings? What you would like to modify, will it be on the Edison or on the Cloud? Please be as detailed as possible, so we can provide you a more accurate answer.

Peter.

• 10. Re: upload code or configure over WiFi to Intel Edison
                            IoT_srinivas

Hi Peter and Team ,

My question is Lm35 is connected to Intel Edison.

Temp Sensor is  sending the Temp data for every one sec but i want to configure temp sensor  value on cloud.

My idea is  Temp data sending for every one 1 sec. when Temp change in (1 or 2 degree configured at cloud ) only we will get the data from sensor.

Configuration changes will reflect on Intel Edison board.

cloud is rabbit mq or thingspeak or amazon (aws).

Temp : Temperature .

My question i want to dynamically configure the vale for any sensor. If I set the value 2 deg  at cloud .I will get Temp data when change in 2 degree (deg) only.

I think is it possible with java script .

Please provide the details . we can resolve the above problem.

I hope you have clarity now.

• 11. Re: upload code or configure over WiFi to Intel Edison
                              Intel Corporation

You mentioned that you are using an analytics service, in that case it should have an API, it should enable you to send data depending on certain actions. My suggestion is that you use this service to send the data your board and as you mention, you could use JavaScript to handle and interpret this data.

Peter.