Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14615 Discussions

Any word on the E5 V4 Xeon lineup (specifically the E5-2687W v4)

CKrau3
Beginner

Howdy everybody.

I'm wondering if anyone here has heard news on the release of the E5 v4 Xeons, specifically the E5-2687W v4?

Newegg only carries the v3. BHVideo says it doesn't have the v4 in stock. I read that it hasn't been released yet, but I can find it from random providers online. Furthermore it is marked as "Launched Q1'16" on the Intel site (link directly below).

http://ark.intel.com/products/91750/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2687W-v4-30M-Cache-3_00-GHz Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2687W v4 (30M Cache, 3.00 GHz) Specifications

Just curious what the deal is. Are they out and is an individual able to purchase them currently or do they need to be hard launched into the market yet? Any word would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Clayton

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello, 9krausec:

This processor is available through OEM sytems, note the following;

Normally, the tray version is the first option available, and then followed by the boxed version, but at the moment the only version available for this processor is the tray one.

Regards,

Amy.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, 9krausec:

This processor is available through OEM sytems, note the following;

Normally, the tray version is the first option available, and then followed by the boxed version, but at the moment the only version available for this processor is the tray one.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
CKrau3
Beginner

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I was a bit confused. I'll be patient and wait for it to come out hopefully within the next two months.

Best,

Clayton

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, you're welcome.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos